So I'm about to upgrade to a Bold because I don't think I can make it to when the Javelin/8900 is released (but we'll see.) Anyways, I am using an 8310 which I've had for over a year..

Main problems are as follows:

1) A few times a week the signal goes into SOS and I get 'Sim Card Error' in red on the top of my screen, which a simple reset usually fixes.

2) I have it set to delete my messages, emails, etc about every 3 months...however, it will do something weird, as it deletes messages randomly, and will only leave me with my saved messages still showing.

3)The phone has been doing this now for about 2 months, where after it deletes my message, it deletes my call log as well..to further complicate the issue it lets me send messages (but with no receipt that they've been sent), and when I get a reply message, I will see it pop up in the right corner, yet it is instantaneously deleted from my device. It will do this for a few hours, where I'll send numerous messages, ppl wil tell me theyve replied yet I get no recollection because they're deleted so quickly.

Anyone ever run across this, is it a faulty sim card ? It always goes back to normal for a few days afterwards. Thanks.
    11-13-08 11:03 AM
    It sounds like you are low on device memory. Are you keeping pics and media on a memory card to free up device memory? Do you battery pull once in a while also? It also sounds ilke maybe you have a bad device/sim card.
    11-13-08 11:04 AM
    Sounds like low memory. Go to options > status. What is your free memory?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 11:07 AM
    yeah i have a memory card to free up device memory...I have 3,002,049 bytes?
    11-13-08 02:13 PM
    Wow, your memory is LOW, no wonder you are having issues..

clear out text logs, phone call logs, in and out boxes, clear the browser cache, (all this often) you alredy use a media card, so cool there, but in order for the phone to function properly, you also have to maintain it too..

Then once you have cleared all you can clear, do a battery pull.

For the BB to function properly, keep your memory above 12mb.. you are wayyyy lower than that so its gonna start wanting to clean it up for you.
    11-13-08 02:17 PM
    that's so weird because I really don't even use it for much nor do I have that many 3rd party applications and things like that...that explains alot
    11-13-08 02:20 PM
    Do a search here, how to optimize memory, there a a few threads posted every day about losing call logs/text msgs,

"my call logs are dissapearing"
    "low memory"

etc.. it will tell all
    11-13-08 02:22 PM
    okay thank you =]
    11-13-08 02:22 PM
    Open the browser, options, then the cache option

clear it out.

And dont forget the infamous battery pull.. Im gonna guess your memory will shoot back up

With all the other boxes

messages>view folder> then those folders, clear em too

Save the messages you want to keep first.. or email then (the emails) to a PC and save em in that folder on there.
    11-13-08 02:25 PM
    Follow the memory optimization http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD