For some reason the little mechanism that holds the sim card into the back of my BB was sticking out so I tried to lock it in place, but it broke off.

I put the sim card back in it's place and put the battery back in hoping it'd hold it in place.

So none of my pictures or music or anything are on my BB. Did my BB wipe all the media off my phone? or do I need to just like tape the sim card in place?

I have an upgrade for the new curve with the trackpad so I'll use that once I get back home for christmas break. I just wanna get all my pictures off that simcard.
    12-09-10 06:02 PM
    Are we talking about your SIM card or your microSD card? Music and pictures are not stored on your SIM. If your SIM card were not installed properly, you simply wouldn't be able to make calls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 06:56 PM
    SIM Card Module Socket Holder For BlackBerry Curve 8300 8310 8320 8330 - US $2.82 : sw-box.com

There is the part you need for replacement.
    12-09-10 06:59 PM
    Not necessarily. The OP is complaining of missing photos and music, which would have nothing to do with a SIM card.

12-09-10 07:04 PM
    Not necessarily. The OP is complaining of missing photos and music, which would have nothing to do with a SIM card.

I know but the OP said he/she broke the sim card cover off the BB.

The sim card is side mount in a 83xx. so i doubt they went inside and broke something.

Im starting to wonder if the OP broke the external cover off the sdcard slot.

12-09-10 07:08 PM
    I know but the OP said he/she broke the sim card cover off the BB.

The sim card is side mount in a 83xx. so i doubt they went inside and broke something.

Im starting to wonder if the OP broke the external cover off the sdcard slot.

I meant the microSD card. I broke the little metal piece that holds the SD card in. Basically what the metal piece does is you slide it forward to lock it and backwards to unlock it, so you can get the SD card out.
    12-09-10 07:17 PM
    Right. So you have two options. You can replace that part (but that would really only be feasible if you have insurance on yout phone). You mentioned you have an upgrade, so I would just use that and pop the microSD in your new berry! All of your data is probably still on the card, your BB is just unable to read it.
    12-09-10 07:45 PM
    replacing the broken mechanism isnt difficult and doesnt require a lot of mechanical ability.

my recommendation, i wouldnt use an upgrade for it just yet, its nothing so serious that its rendered the phone inoperable. you can replace it for a minimal cost and its a simple fix.

upgrade when a new model comes out!
    12-09-10 08:17 PM
    replacing the broken mechanism isnt difficult and doesnt require a lot of mechanical ability.

my recommendation, i wouldnt use an upgrade for it just yet, its nothing so serious that its rendered the phone inoperable. you can replace it for a minimal cost and its a simple fix.

upgrade when a new model comes out!
    I was actually going to use my upgrade because I dropped it in water accidently and now some of the keys aren't working fully. Like the U and the T don't work so I have to keep pressing them or hold them down until that letter shows up on the screen.

Is T-Mobile getting a new blackberry? I feel like they never do.

If I know for sure when T-Mobile is getting a new Blackberry[either a new model or some of the newer models that just came out] then I'll probably wait to upgrade.
    12-10-10 03:08 PM
    T-Mobile just got the newest BlackBerry, the Bold 9780.
    12-10-10 03:20 PM
    T-Mobile just got the newest BlackBerry, the Bold 9780.
    What's the difference between that and the newer curve? Is it purely just the way it looks?

I'd be getting it through Walmarts cell phone section because they'll allow you to not have a data plan if you have unlimited texting. So IDK if they carry the bold.

I like being able to not have a data plan, I don't need it while I'm at school because I can get wifi anywhere I want on campus.
    12-10-10 05:32 PM
    I need to replace the Sim Card Holder on my 8320. I have the phone disassembled, but do not see how the Sim Card Holder is attached to the motherboard. Could someone explain how to remove the old Sim Card Holder. I don't want to damage the motherboard.

Thanks in advance,
    Kristi
    05-20-11 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD