Hello all,

I bought my phone a little less than a week ago and I picked up a simple silicone cover at the verizon store while I was there.

Located Here

At first, it was nice, felt good, and looked good covering my phone...but lately it feels like it has loosened up a bit and doesn't fit as tight around the phone...It's not quite the frost color that would go good with the silver phone anymore...I dunno. Any suggestions on good silicone covers? I don't want one that covers almost the whole phone...just one like mine or about like it at least.

Thanks,
    Caleb
    07-22-08 10:32 PM
    I have the same one from verizon. Mine hasn't loosened up yet but I noticed that mine isn't "Blackberry" branded. I saw some at best buy that had the bb logo on them. Also the ones at CB have the logo. Maybe they are better
    07-22-08 11:04 PM
    I bought a clear silicon skin for my BB at the Verizon store and it sucked. I've since bought one from T-Mobile and it feels and looks a lot better.
    07-22-08 11:57 PM
    The Verizon case is a seidio case. Not BlackBerry branded. The BB branded one are for GSM 83xx. The LED cut out will be off a bit. That's what I use. No biggie for me.
    07-23-08 12:07 AM
    Mine loosened too I hated it! The ones from the CB store don't loosen and seem to be a higher quality.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 12:31 AM
    I will check out bestbuy tomorrow to see what they have to offer. The verizon store one is pretty basic and doesn't hold onto the phone as tight as say an iSkin. Mine attracted some pocket lint for an unpleasant feel on the back after a couple days. I just washed it under hot water for a few seconds then dried off with a clean towel and now it has a much better feel. Just a tip if yours gets dirty or anything, I'm sure it's obvious though.
    07-23-08 12:33 AM
    Mine loosened too I hated it! The ones from the CB store don't loosen and seem to be a higher quality.

Please link me to the one you're referring to that's in the CB store?
    07-23-08 12:36 AM
    i had the blackberry brand one and it loosened up. i ended up getting the seidio hard case which is 100 times better.
    07-23-08 01:04 AM
    i bought a blackberry branded one at best buy it is loose already

do these cases have a open spot for the "mute key" because mine blocks it and kind of annoys me
    07-23-08 01:12 AM
    I love the CB ones also, but the LED cutout is in the wrong place and it drives me nuts. I wish they would come out with CDMA 8330 ones - I'd buy every color!!!
    ~Sheri

07-23-08 08:31 AM
    I have purchased a few BB OEM ones from ebay and CB, so far so good. Perhaps the fact that I use different ones often helps with the wear and tear. A hard case may be a better option though.
    07-23-08 09:33 AM
    I have a clear one from the verizon store as well, and have had no problems with it, but I have only had my phone for a little over 2 months.... so maybe time will tell?
    07-23-08 10:24 AM
    FlexiSkin - Curve Case / BlackBerry Curve Case / Curve Skin Case / BlackBerry Curve Skin Case

I got a couple of these. No problems with them yet, no stretching etc. Very nice colors too. I did notice that when I first got them they felt kinda slippery, over time that has faded.
    07-23-08 10:51 AM
    Verizon Curve user here and I bought my skin from T-mobile store for $9.00 and it still fits perfectly.
    07-23-08 11:06 AM
    I have still been looking and can't really find anything attractive. Most of the silicone skins are made for all the other models EXCEPT the 8330. The skins have a gap up higher for the status light than the 8330's actually is.
    07-24-08 10:16 PM
    Most of the silicon cases made for the 8330 the Verizon offers suck.
    07-24-08 10:18 PM
    i HAD one on my 8330 and i got out of the car and it stuck to the edge where the door opens and i colsed it and it sounded like a water bottle getting crushed, opened it and there in my baby cracked screen can only see half of it. had to use my insurence, but if it wasnt for that damn silicon cover"death trap" i would still have my $50, so i need a hard case now
    07-24-08 10:47 PM
    Having a cover is better for me than letting my CB shell get scratched...The one I got at the verizon store is ok but it definitely has loosened up. I REALLY wish iSkin made skins for the blackberry. It sucks like I said because most skins are made for the GSM curve model. I want one similar to the verizon one but a more snug fit.
    07-24-08 10:54 PM
    I found some here specifically for the verizon 8330 model, but I'm almost positive it's the EXACT same one I have now, which I purchased in the store. All of the photos show the exact same skin. Maybe it's not, who knows. Ugh this search is irritating me.
    07-25-08 01:05 AM
    I just got my skin from boxwave.com in the mail today. I must say it's quite a bit better than the one I got in the verizon store. I put them side by side and the verizon one was obviously discolored a bit. The boxwave skin has a tighter feel and definitely isn't as loose as my previous one. It fits nice and feels nice and smooth in the hand
    07-31-08 10:13 PM
    How about the LED cutout from the Boxwave skin? Is it in the right position for a Verizon 8330? I'm going to check them out today - thanks!
    08-01-08 05:54 AM
    Yep, it is the correct one for the 8330. I have the same phone as you so it should work well! I like it much better than my old one, tighter, whiter, and softer.
    08-01-08 02:11 PM
    Question with the Boxwave one -- did you get the "FlexiSkin"? If you look, the shape of the blue/red are just the edge of the face, but the pink covers more of the screen? Can you tell me which is the actual shape?? Bottom line, I hate the cut of the pink skin, but want a pink one!
    08-06-08 07:27 PM
    Looks like the pink one has a different cut, sorry.

08-07-08 01:24 AM
    Does anyone have any updated websites that have a silicone cover for the 8330 Verizon model? I keep finding cases with the LED cutout, and that cutout bothers me like no other. I have been trying to find a lime green cover for a month now and it has been driving me crazy to find ones with only the LED cutout.

On a side note - The one from the verizon store works well for me, just not my choice of colors. Has anyone tried taking a clear case and dying it to the color of their choice? Would the appropriate dye rub off on the phone?
    08-25-09 10:56 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD