Hi ... I am new to the BB Curve 8330 (first BB for me) and I would like to turn off the sound to the keypad when I am dialing a phone number. In Options I did turn off the "keypad" but when using the phone it still has the sound. I prefer it off or would at least like to turn it down to next to nothing. And I can't figure out how! Anyone know? Much appreciated! Thanks!
    ~Gina
    10-20-09 03:10 PM
    Options>Screen/keyboard>Key tone>Off

Welcome
    Last edited by m_jameson1; 10-20-09 at 04:41 PM.
    10-20-09 04:39 PM
    Thanks! .... but .... I have done this and it silences all the keys accept when I go to make a phone call. I went back in to check and turned on that option ... yep, sound on all the keys. Set it to Off and the key tone is silent accept when making a call. Arrrggghhh! How can I do it for the phone?
    10-20-09 05:57 PM
    turn your ringer to silent or vibrate Thats the only other thing I can think of. you can always go to your advanced profile settings and change your ringtones back on. But by going to silent or vibrate the tone WILL be gone.
    10-20-09 06:06 PM
    That does work, thanks! I just wish I could have the ringer set the way I want and have the keys silent as I have always been able to do on my regular cell phones. Odd that I can't!
    10-20-09 06:34 PM
    like I said if you go to your profiles Icon on your menu "where you selected vibrate or silent" you should be able to scrool down to the bottom and click "advanced". this should let you modify the sound profile so that you can set all your ringtones and volumes even tho the phone is "set" to vibrate. Good Luck. Hope it helps
    10-20-09 06:58 PM
    *sigh* I'm not getting it but I will keep playing around with it. Thanks for your patience
    10-20-09 08:41 PM
    This is a known flaw: the keypad is only silent on the pre-defined "Quiet" or "Vibrate" profiles. There is no way around this at the time.
    10-21-09 12:35 AM
    try this out. It has been awhile since i Used your OS version so maybe it is not possible to use profile sounds plus vibrate/silence/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/
    10-21-09 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD