I have exchanged my Curve twice in the last week b/c it automatically shuts down and reboot. It doesn't matter where I am it cuts off. I have backup the phone, wiped it and added everything except 3rd party apps and it still does it.
    Talked to T-Mobile and they are clueless and suggested that I switch to a Dash.....**** No I Won't Go!!!!!

Please Help!!!!!!
    06-27-08 05:57 PM
    I wonder if it's a data connection issue. Obviously since you've changed devices, it can't be the Blackberry with the issue...
    I'd ask T-Mobile to turn off your data service, and then turn it back on again. Alternatively, change the tower that you're connected to...
    06-27-08 06:10 PM
    Ok. As suggested I had the data service turned off and back on, I had them change my tower, we changed the sim card and the battery. Still no change. I switched from my Curve back to the Pearl and guess what I haven't had a drop call since. So what could it be???

Frustrated in GA
    06-29-08 05:49 PM
    I just bought a Curve last week and it shut down on my 2min ago. I was on the browser.

This happened every so often on my 8700 and I never did anything about it. Then finally it shut down last saturday and never rebooted.

Now I'm worried my new bb will be going down thw same road. What causes this issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-08 11:35 PM
    That's really weird. I would go to a different tmobile store and complain about it.. maybe its just the techies at the place you're going. is there a specific thing you're usually doing when it shuts down? what apps have you installed? if there's a bug in one of your programs, and they keep transferring it, that could cause something like that. Maybe you can reinstall the os and just start fresh again.. it seems weird that this would happen with two different devices like that.. kind of unlikely.. but who knows.

I really dont know what causes this problem, I'm just trying to be helpful and shoot some ideas out there..
    06-29-08 11:42 PM
    Well....per RIM "we have no clue" HA HA HA
    I wiped and reinstalled the OS only, no with additional 3p apps added.
    Same result. So I have to send it off to RIM for repair. Or pay for a new one.

Off to RIM it goes.
    07-16-08 11:10 PM
    Try it with the media card out of it and see if it replicates.........there is a short somewhere.........

Good Luck....
    07-16-08 11:23 PM
    Anyone esle notice a trend in these "shutting down and rebooting" threads? I'm just sayin. I've read three in the last 5 minutes. Are they all T-mo users? Maybe a service provider issue?
    07-17-08 01:47 AM
    Anyone esle notice a trend in these "shutting down and rebooting" threads? I'm just sayin. I've read three in the last 5 minutes. Are they all T-mo users? Maybe a service provider issue?
    Surprisingly I don't think its only T-Mo. I had the same thing happen to my 8330 with Sprint. After reinstalling the OS 3 times I still had the prob. What stopped the rebooting was when I took out my memory card. I ended up going to the store to change it anyways. Wanted to get a new device to be on the safe side.

07-17-08 02:20 AM
    Surprisingly I don't think its only T-Mo. I had the same thing happen to my 8330 with Sprint. After reinstalling the OS 3 times I still had the prob. What stopped the rebooting was when I took out my memory card. I ended up going to the store to change it anyways. Wanted to get a new device to be on the safe side.

Yeah, it was just a thought. I really have no advice to give these users, as I haven't had to go throught this (knocks on wood) Maybe a battery issue? My old phone, non BB, did this a few times an Sprint replaced the battery and it necer happened again. Although it wasn't a constant issue, more of a random thing.
    07-17-08 02:31 AM
    I feel your pain. I'm going through the same thing with my 8300. I've had it for a year (just past the warranty period!! argh!) and never had a problem before, and now it's been shutting off throughout the day for a week. The only thing that seems to help is if I keep it plugged in all day, even though when it shuts off, the battery is fully juiced. So when I'm not near an outlet, and I'm out and about, and it shuts off, I'm screwed because the darned thing won't even power back up, even if I do a battery pull.

I tried reinstalling the original 4.2 OS, upgrading to the 4.5, multiple times, and still the same problem. I am going to try installing a new battery in hopes that will solve the problem. If not, I will have to live with an unreliable phone until the I can upgrade to the Bold!
    07-17-08 11:17 AM
    I have reinstalled the OS a couple times. Replaced the battery twice with new ones and the media card wasn't inserted. I also replaced the sim card. I had them turn off the data plane and move me to another tower. I think I covered all the bases.

Dcgal you'll get the Bold before we (T-Mobile) will.....Lucky you.
    07-19-08 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD