I posted here (and on other forums) about my problem where my BB media player won't play an entire album of songs. It plays one song and then the BB freezes and restarts. So far I haven't gotten much help. Only one person ever even heard of such a problem. I even stopped at my provider's store and they never heard of it either. They just suggested formatting the media card--which I did with no luck.

(To be more specific about the problem, the BB freezes and restarts when it should jump to the next track.)

I looked into downloading a newer OS, but it the procedure doesn't seem to be working the way it says in the directions, so I stopped. Also, this shouldn't be necessary, theoretically, since I never had this problem until a couple weeks ago. The first 5 months I've had the BB have been fine.

Is it possible--or advisable--to wipe the whole BB clean and reinstall everything? Maybe that way the media player will do what it originally did?
    05-02-09 07:46 AM
    When this started happening did you by chance add any new apps, themes, or new album? I had a similar problem after I added on song in particular and I deleted the song everything went back to normal. No idea why it did it but know it was that one song.
    Wiping the device and reloading the OS is a solution. What version OS are you currently running? On the device go to options/about (in case you didnt know how)
    05-02-09 07:52 AM
    When this started happening did you by chance add any new apps, themes, or new album? I had a similar problem after I added on song in particular and I deleted the song everything went back to normal. No idea why it did it but know it was that one song.
    Wiping the device and reloading the OS is a solution. What version OS are you currently running? On the device go to options/about (in case you didnt know how)
    I added some new apps, but didn't notice right away if they caused the problem. I unloaded the apps but that didn't solve the problem.

I also don't recall adding any new album at about the time the problem started. I formatted my media card today--thus getting rid of all my albums--and put some back on that I haven't played in a while to do a test, but the problem still occurs.

I'm running v. 4.5.0.127 (Platform 3.4.0.21) if that helps.
    05-02-09 08:22 AM
    I would think that removing all the apps and music would solve your issue. Do you have another media card to try out? If you can try that and see what happens. If it persists you can try the upgrade. Is your device an 8330m?
    05-02-09 08:40 AM
    I would think that removing all the apps and music would solve your issue. Do you have another media card to try out? If you can try that and see what happens. If it persists you can try the upgrade. Is your device an 8330m?
    I don't think it's an 8330m. I've never heard of that before.
    05-02-09 08:52 AM
    Take your battery out and see if it has esn or meid on the sticker. That will determine your OS you use to upgrade. I thought US Cellular sold both curves so I am just making sure so I dont point you in the wrong direction.
    05-02-09 09:01 AM
    Take your battery out and see if it has esn or meid on the sticker. That will determine your OS you use to upgrade. I thought US Cellular sold both curves so I am just making sure so I dont point you in the wrong direction.
    In my battery compartment the sticker has an ESN number.
    05-02-09 07:22 PM
    OK I would try an upgrade. Here is the software http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...evices-208149/ follow the instructions. Would also benefit you to read the link for proper upgrade/downgrade prcedure in my signature. Also if you have thrid party apps you want to keep read this http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/. I recommend using desktop manager 4.6 without media manager found here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    05-02-09 07:39 PM
    OK I would try an upgrade. Here is the software http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...evices-208149/ follow the instructions. Would also benefit you to read the link for proper upgrade/downgrade prcedure in my signature. Also if you have thrid party apps you want to keep read this http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/. I recommend using desktop manager 4.6 without media manager found here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    Hmmm...wow, that sounds complicated--which doesn't mean I won't try it.

I'm running Desktop Manager 4.7, so I would have to downgrade that too.

I thought maybe first I would ask my provider to just wipe the entire BB clean and start over but this time not put on so much stuff and see how that works.
    05-03-09 06:47 AM
    If your provider will do it for you then certainly let them. Yes I would downgrade from 4.7. 4.6 is more stable for our devices. Its really not that complicated. It does look a little overwelming but it isn't too bad. Just read through that stuff and once your familiar with the process its easy to do. Were here to help you if you have problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 07:43 AM
    If your provider will do it for you then certainly let them. Yes I would downgrade from 4.7. 4.6 is more stable for our devices. Its really not that complicated. It does look a little overwelming but it isn't too bad. Just read through that stuff and once your familiar with the process its easy to do. Were here to help you if you have problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If DM 4.6 doesn't have Media Manager though, how do we manage media?
    05-03-09 07:47 AM
    You can get any version of DM without media manager. I just recommend 4.6 because its the most stable version. That roxio media manager is useless. Provided you have a media card installed in your device you can use it as a flash drive. On your device go to options/media card and enable mass storage mode. Also select to have it automatically enable mass stoargae mode when connected. Hit the back key and save. Now when you plug it in the pc using the usb cable it will show up in "my computer" as a device with removable storage. Open it then the blackberry folder and you will see all your other folders. ie.. videos,ringtones,music, pictures. Open them then drag and drop the files you want to put on the card into thier folder. Way faster than roxio.
    05-03-09 07:57 AM
    i agree i would uninsall all apps and try again before upgrade of os
    05-03-09 10:29 AM
    4.7 is a nightmare stick with 4.6
    05-03-09 10:30 AM
    Okay, I think the problem is finally solved.

I went back to my service provider and asked about wiping my BB clean and just starting over. One astute sales rep asked if my song files were MP3 or wma. I never paid attention, but I guess I've had a combination of both. I didn't realize the BB isn't made to run wma files. I wiped the media card and put on an album in MP3 format. It seems to work fine. For now.

Thanks for the tips.
    05-03-09 01:11 PM
    Glad to hear you got it working. I didnt think to ask you what file types you were playing.
    05-03-09 01:59 PM
    Glad to hear you got it working. I didnt think to ask you what file types you were playing.
    Neither did I, as I was the one who suggested upgrading the OS. Sometimes it can be the simplest of things.

In retrospect, it all makes sense now.
    05-03-09 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD