ok, I've deleted a lot of my 3rd party apps and cleared caches, etc but my memory es being eaten away in a matter of hours sometimes minutes. I'd start of with 10MBs after a battery pull and before the day is done I'm down to 7MB, then 5MB and dropping the next day. This problem started after I uploaded to 4.5 (which according to a poster on this site, is supposed to add more free memory). Should I re-install the upgrade?
    02-09-09 09:42 AM
    10 MB is low to start with. Generally you need a minimum of 12MB for your BB to function optimally. Below that level, things will automatically be deleted.

What apps do you have running? Hold the alt key and hit escape to bring up the list of running apps.
    02-09-09 09:52 AM
    I know that as well (about 12MB being the least to function properly). It says I have Pust to Talk, Home screen, Browser, phone, messages, and BBM running. I have none of them running as far as I can tell. I always close via the menu and I never use pust to talk.
    02-09-09 10:00 AM
    If they show up in the list they are running. PPT, browser, phone, messages, and BBM will always run even if you do menu > close. PPT and BBM can be removed. I was more wondering if you had Facebook or Viigo running that could be grabbing lots of data.

Something is eating up your memory. Scroll through the applications list Options > Advanced Options > Applications to see if something jumps out that you didn't know was on your BB.
    02-09-09 10:10 AM
    Follow this link and see if it helps free up some memory....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    02-09-09 10:15 AM
    I don't have Viigo on my phone and I close out of Facebook properly. However. I do not log out of facebook. I just tried that to see if that will work. Before I upgraded, I didn't log out of facebook and my memory didn't eat away though. I've tried everyhing in the link and nothing works. I think I may have to re-intall the software since the problem started when I installed it.

thanks for all your help
    02-09-09 10:21 AM
    Its facebook that is causing it. Try deleting facebook and do a battery pull, then see what happens,

Alsp are yu deleting old messages. And do youi have a media card

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 10:26 AM
    But I want facebook on there and it wasn't an issue before the upgrade. Are you sayin I should delete FB and then re-install it? I believe if FB was the cuplrit, there'd be more posts about it. I have a media card.
    02-09-09 10:34 AM
    Ummmm search problems with facebook and I guarantee you will find over 100 threads about it. Try deleting it and see what happens$$ you can always re-install it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 10:48 AM
    Facebook can be a very bad boy (or grrl).
    02-09-09 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD