Hello,

I am so excited! Today I am going to Verizon to get a Curve. We are making some changes in our plan, getting new phones for the kids (15yo dd getting her first!), etc.

I am the techno person in our house---dh is just starting to enjoy getting online to read news, look at maps (loves to plan trips), etc. Doesn't do much email. (BTW--he is a physician, so he isn't stupid, just has stayed away from the computer).

He is getting a new phone today as well and I have been toying with getting him a Curve as well. Is that silly? I don't know if there is too much there that he won't use.

How easy is the Curve to use for someone who is not very technologically interested? Right now he mostly uses his phone as a phone ---but if he had internet capabilities I think he might start to use his phone for that.

I just don't know if it is silly to get him a BB.

Share your thoughts!

Thank you!
    12-22-08 09:23 AM
    My opinion:

The Curve is a great phone! I mean it! It really is a phone... you can call people and receive calls on it! I know that we forget that sometimes because we use it for EVERYTHING! It is really only as complicated as we want it to be. It has a very inviting interface and is extremely stable. For someone who is beginning to dip their toes in the tech worlds waters, the Curve is very appealing. It is my daily paper, my means of communication via Email, SMS, Messaging, Blogging and Calling. Also, with a community like this one, getting help is as easy as it can get.

Should you get DH a Curve? In short: Yes.
    Last edited by mokash34; 12-22-08 at 09:35 AM.
    12-22-08 09:33 AM
    Definitely get a Curve, the more you start playing with it, the more you find you'll be using it for more things than you ever thought you would.
    12-22-08 09:36 AM
    I have to agree with mokash34 above. Like you said if he had the internet available to him on the phone he would start using it. And the calendar on the device would probably be very handy for him. I say go for it. If (which I doubt) he would decide he didn't like it (can't imagine) you have 30 to exchange it I believe. Good luck! Congrats on your new curve too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 09:41 AM
    What does DH stand for I've seen this several times in the boards and I've never been hip to the internet lingo?
    12-22-08 09:46 AM
    My opinion:

Should you get DH a Curve? In short: Yes.
    Definitely get a Curve, the more you start playing with it, the more you find you'll be using it for more things than you ever thought you would.
    I have to agree with mokash34 above...Congrats on your new curve too
    Well that was easy! A unanimous response so far! I forgot to say that one other reason I am thinking about getting him a Curve too is that I like it when we have the same phone---or at least the same charger---it makes things easier when we go on trips.

I know I will be back here with questions and to search previous posts. I am so excited--I love new gadgets and I know I am going to really enjoy this phone.

Thank you!
    12-22-08 09:48 AM
    What does DH stand for I've seen this several times in the boards and I've never been hip to the internet lingo?
    DH= dear husband---though sometimes I have seen unhappy wives use the 'd' to mean something else. My 'd' means dear.

DS=dear son
    DD=dear daughter
    12-22-08 09:50 AM
    EVERYONE should have a curve, young and old!

There isn't a person around who could not take a advantage of what these phones have to offer.

I work @ a cell phone company.. I have sold Curves to people as old as 71 and young as 13!!!

12-22-08 09:50 AM
    DH= dear husband---though sometimes I have seen unhappy wives use the 'd' to mean something else. My 'd' means dear.

DS=dear son
    DD=dear daughter
    Ok...all I could think of was Designated Hitter...what can I say I used to play baseball...haha.
    12-22-08 09:52 AM
    Defiantly get the Curve.... I'm pretty sure DH will get very used to it....
    12-22-08 10:43 AM
    Get him the Curve..Physicians and BBs are a natural match-up.

Then get him on here as well, I'm getting older and could use an online MD.
    12-22-08 11:31 AM
    The Curve is super easy to learn, and as long as he has some common sense, he will be using all it's features in no time at all!
    12-22-08 02:05 PM
    Welcome to CB!

The curve is a great device, I've owned two (and is my current BB). I know you'll enjoy it!
    12-22-08 02:16 PM
    before i got my curve i never had a phone that had internet, i never really could understand why someone would want to be able to surf the net using a cell phone.

then i got it.

holy crap, i use my phone for everything now.
    12-22-08 02:18 PM
    I don't know how thrilled I'd be to see my doc looking something up on her BlackBerry, but there are actually quite a few medical apps for BlackBerry and other PDAs, mostly quick reference stuff like prescription drug guide and hazmat emergency care info. A lot of it, but not all, is geared more to first responders though.

Oh, and I really like my Curve and recommend it for anyone who is new to BlackBerry as I recently was
    12-22-08 02:36 PM
    My dad is doc and has a curve. He can barely turn a computer on. He sure loves his curve though!

I personally think devices like bb help bridge the gap between techies and those that don't have the patience or desire to sit at keyboard for long.

IMHO, I think devices such as the BB have done what the webTV devices attempted to do ten years ago.

12-22-08 04:05 PM
    Thank you everyone for your replies!! We are the owners of two curves. DH was fine with my choice for him.
    Now we have to figure out how to use them!

I will have more time to play after Christmas--and will teach dh as I go probably. I am sure I will be perusing the forum to find the answers to many questions.

Thank you again!
    12-22-08 08:49 PM
    Thank you everyone for your replies!! We are the owners of two curves. DH was fine with my choice for him.
    Now we have to figure out how to use them!

I will have more time to play after Christmas--and will teach dh as I go probably. I am sure I will be perusing the forum to find the answers to many questions.

Thank you again!
    dmd,

A warm WELCOME to you and your family. I guaranty that you will LOVE your BB Curves. CrackBerry.com has tutorials that will help you learn how to use them. Try starting with the one for BB Beginners and go from there.

- CB

Keep on Crackin'
    12-23-08 12:54 AM
    Are they matching His and Hers curves?
    12-23-08 07:50 AM
    As another physician I strongly recommend Epocrates, a free program that loads drug info on the phone (dosages, side effects, contraindications, drug interactions, price, etc.). Sort of like a mobile PDR. I have had it on my Windows Mobile phones and now my BB Curve for several years.
    12-23-08 12:44 PM

DS=dear son
    DD=dear daughter
    Or d=darling , so dh=darling husband

~CMT

12-23-08 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD