I can't decide...

I was checking out the battery door available with the speaker cut out.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=-gmnyLZ6

I'd love to get one, but I use the Seidio Rubberized Hard Case (love it) which does NOT have the cut out

It looks like the extended battery includes the speaker cut out door & the case for that one DOES have the speaker cut out.

I really like how slim & compact my phone is. Without seeing it in person I am wondering if the extra bulk will bother me (in my purse phone pocket & my jeans pocket)??

Is the extended battery & speaker cut out REALLY worth the $$ & bigger size???

Are either of these chargers compatable with both the standard AND 2600 battery??
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=GFH1eEqz

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
    02-01-09 01:06 AM
    Would really LOVE some feedback

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 10:47 AM
    Would really LOVE some feedback

How the phone "feels" with add-ons is so subjective. Some people feel that the slip case that comes with most Curves is too big. Others feel any case makes the phone too bulky for them. So order the "Extra bulk" try it out for a day, return it if you can't live with it.

Or shop around in town for a place that sells cell phone extras, and see if they have what you are looking for, and can see the items in person.
    02-01-09 12:10 PM
    And if you are worried about bulk there is the 1500mah that fits in OEM
    door. .

02-01-09 12:29 PM
    And if you are worried about bulk there is the 1500mah that fits in OEM
    door. .

That's the way I would go.

I had the extended battery on my Moto Q (I called it "the tumor"). The Q was useless without it, only getting about 4 hours on the stock battery. I hated the bulk on the back of the phone caused by the bigger size of the battery.

The Curve has great battery life (YMMV). But, if you feel that an extended life battery is needed, get the 1500mh one that fits without adding extra bulk.
    02-01-09 01:36 PM
    And regarding the charging stands, unless it is posted specifically for use with an extended battery, the answer is no.

02-01-09 02:30 PM
    Wow the 2600 battery...my curve gets wonderful batterylife with the stock batter I couldn't imagine what would warrant a 2600 extended battery...would be interested to know what eats youe battery up enough for u tpo want such a large battery or is it that you don't like to charge your phone. I text pretty much all day, bb message a good deal, and talk on the phone about 2hrs a day and browse crackberry on my free time and can still manage half a battery when I get home. 2600 seems overkill but interested in knowing what people that have the battery do with the phone to need such a large battery

02-01-09 03:22 PM
    Thanks for the replies..but I am not sure if you all really understood my question / dilemma.
    I do think it would be nice to have extra battery life (although I am doing "okay" with the standard battery).

What I was really looking at was the battery door w/ the extra speaker cut-out. It looks to me like the only way to have that AND a case was to get the 2600 battery with the seidio rubberized case. And, I was trying to figure out if the benefits of the speaker cut out & the extended battery life were worth the extra size & $$.

Thanks again
    02-01-09 03:30 PM
    I have the seidio 2600 battery for my 8330 and love it. I work in a basement where there is hardly any signal, which was killing the standard battery. I've never seen the 2600 battery go below 60%.

I quite like the new back for the bigger battery, it is more 'grippy' plus I find, in conjunction with the block extension it gives to the back, that my curve is much more comfortable to hold.

First and best accessory I bought for my curve.

02-01-09 09:36 PM
    Thanks for the replies..but I am not sure if you all really understood my question / dilemma.
    I do think it would be nice to have extra battery life (although I am doing "okay" with the standard battery).

What I was really looking at was the battery door w/ the extra speaker cut-out. It looks to me like the only way to have that AND a case was to get the 2600 battery with the seidio rubberized case. And, I was trying to figure out if the benefits of the speaker cut out & the extended battery life were worth the extra size & $$.

Thanks again
    Ok well here's the question. Can you hear your phone when it rings or you chat on speakerphone. If yes then you don't need the cut out.
    Second question. What kind of user are you? Do you use the phone enough to go through the standaed battery? If you find yourself plugging your phone in at night after what you consider a heavy day of use above 30% then no you don't need the extended battery.
    Myself I plugg my phone in at night usually at 60% so I see no need for it.

It all boils down to what you need, not what you think you should get because if you need it then it will be a smart choice. If you think you should get it you may not like it and waste cash on something you will prob not use a lot.

02-02-09 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD