well first off my blackberry turns off once it gets to 85% battery left(i cant turn it back on unless its plugged into a charger)
    another thing is that after a full charge the % of battery left goes down fairly quick.
    02-17-09 06:41 PM
    Start with a new battery as that is cheaper and simpler. If the
    battery does not correct the issue the problem may be the phone itself.
    02-17-09 06:45 PM
    Start with a new battery as that is cheaper and simpler. If the
    battery does not correct the issue the problem may be the phone itself.
    theres this site that sells blackberry stuff and its selling an OEM battery for the 83xx for 20 bucks
    but tmobile sells it for 45 which one should i get?
    02-17-09 06:47 PM
    theres this site that sells blackberry stuff and its selling an OEM battery for the 83xx for 20 bucks
    but tmobile sells it for 45 which one should i get?
    An OEM battery for $20 isn't bad at all. I'd get it as long as it's a trustworthy site. What site is it?
    02-17-09 06:49 PM
    An OEM battery for $20 isn't bad at all. I'd get it as long as it's a trustworthy site. What site is it?
    bbery dot com
    02-17-09 06:53 PM
    Looks legit to me. But then again I hardly order things online.
    02-17-09 06:55 PM
    Looks legit to me. But then again I hardly order things online.
    me too just started purchasing simple things online that were cheaper
    but should i buy a new battery?
    02-17-09 06:56 PM
    You can get them on Amazon really cheap, they are supposedly OEM so make sure you check there too.

How old is the battery?
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-17-09 at 07:01 PM.
    ebay...10bux
    Id be careful but that's me, also I would tend to belive it might be something up with the phone, if the phone shuts off at 85% I'd have everything looked at. Just go to your carreirs store and have a tech evaluate it

But that's my thoughs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 07:00 PM
    Id be careful but that's me, also I would tend to belive it might be something up with the phone, if the phone shuts off at 85% I'd have everything looked at. Just go to your carreirs store and have a tech evaluate it

But that's my thoughs

i went to a tmobile sorry and asked what was wrong and the guy just sed to send it to tmobile >.>
    ugggh idk what to do HEEELLLLP
    02-17-09 07:04 PM
    You can get them on Amazon really cheap, they are supposedly OEM so make sure you check there too.

How old is the battery?
    idk its my friends he gave it to me. he sed he left it off for quite awhile
    lmao amazon has one for 2 bucks haha
    02-17-09 07:04 PM
    Or try a hard reset and leave the BAT out over night and see

Some stores don't have techs onsite,try to find a centeral store in your area and not a mall koisk

02-17-09 07:07 PM
    Or try a hard reset and leave the BAT out over night and see

Some stores don't have techs onsite,try to find a centeral store in your area and not a mall koisk

ive tried the hard reset but not over night. does my battery have the symtoms of a dead battery?
    02-17-09 07:08 PM
    Ya its worth a try even if its just to rule it out

02-17-09 07:11 PM
    Sounds to me like a dead battery, past it time but I am just guessing. If you pick up another that is the best way to rule out a battery vs phone issue. I am leaning towards battery. When they are dead or have a bad cell they act this way. At a certain percentage they drop off.
    02-17-09 07:17 PM
    Ya its worth a try even if its just to rule it out

k thanks!!@!@
    02-17-09 07:20 PM
    Sounds to me like a dead battery, past it time but I am just guessing. If you pick up another that is the best way to rule out a battery vs phone issue. I am leaning towards battery. When they are dead or have a bad cell they act this way. At a certain percentage they drop off.
    okay well im just gonna buy an OEM batt from amazon for 2 bucks!!! incredible deal my friend
    thanks
    02-17-09 07:21 PM
    They do have some good deals. I have not used them for batteries so just make sure you read the reviews, as well as the company your actually ordering from (its not always amazon.com) at least while you try the other things suggested here you can have a battery on the way - it beats paying premium prices in cell shops.

Good luck
    02-17-09 07:25 PM
    Exact same thing happened to me. Does it just die? No low battery warning no nothing? If so, its the battery. Bought one from cb for 25 with shipping and it fixed me up.

02-17-09 07:43 PM
    Don't rule out bestbuy or a store like that, it a good phone I would not hessitate spening 40 on a battery

02-17-09 08:01 PM
    If you have a friend with a curve put the battery in their phone and see if it displays the same behaviors as your phone. If so it is the battery...if not then it might be something wrong with your phone.

02-17-09 08:37 PM
    If your going to have to buy a battery anyways, I suggest going with the Seidio 2600mAH for 50. I've had mine for a few months and its great. Only have to charge it every 3 days. You could go with a cheap battery but like one members signature says, "There always free cheese in a mouse trap. ". In my opinion, don't go second best. Your BB is worth it!

02-18-09 07:08 AM
    I agree that the phone is worth a $50 battery, but I had crazy problems with my phone as well and purchased a sorta OEM battery off ebay for $6.95, shipping included and it fixed my phone and holds a charge pretty good. I chose this battery because it was super cheap and I thought it was $7 before I sent it off to RIM. I"m really glad i did.

I would definitely try a new battery, just pick one that is right for you.
    02-18-09 08:30 AM
    Having studied this INTIMATELY I'll share what I know. The battery in your BB is a Lithium ion battery. These batteries are more bulletproof in that they don't have the "charging memory" of the older Ni-Cad or straight lithium rechargeable batteries. However if your battery is low and you "put your device away" for an extended period of time, the CELLS in the battery brakedown. At that point the battery WILL FULLY CHARGE, but the charge will drain very fast or the battery won't be able to maintain voltage and trip the low voltage setting in the phone, thus causing the phone to enter a "hibernation state". I have no way of knowing if this is the problem with YOUR PHONE but I have seen improper charging practices DESTROY a new battery in less than 2 weeks! Basicaly if you get a NEW battery, plug it in and charge to 100%,then use the phone till the battery is DEAD, Then charge to 100%. From that point forward just plug it in every night when you go to bed and you'll get the most from your battery. Hope this helps

02-18-09 10:56 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD