Dropped my beloved curve in the river. All works, except the backlight is gone. I sent it to a repair place in Tulsa. They say this is a common prob w/blackberries; it shorts somewhere that they can't find. It can't be fixed... Using a flashlight to read everything, can't see who's calling. Is there any hope (anywhere that does repairs), or should I shoot it and put it out of it's misery?

Any ideas? 'preciate it...
    10-01-08 05:20 PM
    I hope you have insurance
    10-01-08 05:22 PM
    No. At the time I bought it they didn't offer it. Even now, it's $125 deductible. I could go buy some Nokia for a fraction of that, and I just can't justify the expense. But I'm miserable, and wringing my hands. Everything works so perfectly. Grrff...

My next idea is to buy a second hand one and try to sell this one on craigslist to help make up the dif...
    10-01-08 05:27 PM
    Maybe a new lcd will work. Cnn.cn has them for around $40 I think. Worth a try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 09:08 PM
    here is the link for the screen

BlackBerry Curve 8300/8310/8320 OEM LCD screen- Tools, Accessories Store, SonyEricsson, Alcatel, Samsung, 3G, BenQ-Siemens, Moto

but it still won;t help if the short is in the mainboard
    10-01-08 09:38 PM
    Yah, I figure the repair place I sent it to, who spent 3 hours trying to diagnose it, would have tried that...

Pray for me...
    10-02-08 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD