I just purchased by first Blackberry (Curve 8330.) Is there a shortcut to start a new SMS Text msg? Everything I read says hit "C" in the message list. When I do that, my phone wants to compose an email, not a text. Any help?
    12-11-08 04:56 PM
    Set one of the side buttons to SMS

Options, screen/keyboard, scroll to convieniance key, set one of them to SMS
    12-11-08 05:00 PM
    U can also download an app called qsms. Easy ota install. After that all u do is hit the q key from the main screen. It will bring up the phone book. Pick a name and send a text. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 05:20 PM
    http://berrycoder.com

That's where you can get qsms. This will allow you to use "q" to compose an SMS from the homescreen (if you have "dial from homescreen" turned off), but not to use "q" to compose an SMS in the message screen.
    12-11-08 06:09 PM
    If you have shortcuts on, you can press c. That will bring up your adress book. Then you actually have to press menu and sms.... But only once for each person, after that everytime you hit "c" then select John, you will be sending John an sms.

Try it.
    12-11-08 06:42 PM
    This is great for outgoing sms, but is there a way to view a filtered list of only sms/mms messages? I have this on my Bold, but my wife has a 8310 and wishes she had that too. Seems like there must be something. Thanks!
    01-08-09 10:18 PM
    Under options you can separate your emails from your SMS's. Is that what you mean?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 10:40 PM
    I just purchased by first Blackberry (Curve 8330.) Is there a shortcut to start a new SMS Text msg? Everything I read says hit "C" in the message list. When I do that, my phone wants to compose an email, not a text. Any help?
    I was looking to do the same thing.. In other words, is there a way that you can hit "C" while in your sms folder and have the compose page for an SMS come up rather than a compose page for an EMAIL?
    01-27-09 08:32 AM
    I have BBSmart shortcuts and it's great for just clicking and texting... plus a number of other things too such as quick links to website, phoning, messaging, and tools.
    01-27-09 10:01 AM
    I have BBSmart shortcuts and it's great for just clicking and texting... plus a number of other things too such as quick links to website, phoning, messaging, and tools.
    Is that a free app?
    01-27-09 10:13 AM
    Is that a free app?
    Nope. Blackberry Smart
    01-27-09 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD