Does anyone know if there is a shortcut to compose and SMS message on the BB??

I know if you push 'C' it will take you to compose an email but I wanted to know if there was a shortcut to compose an SMS.

Sorry if this is a dupe topic I am running out the door and didn't have time to search and double check!

Thanks for your help!!
    06-07-08 02:51 PM
    I got a lotta views on my topic, but no replies... can anyone help???
    06-07-08 11:29 PM
    I do know that you can change your side keys to different functions. I changed my left side key from voice activated dialing to compose. You can choose from many many different functions when you change it in screen/keyboard settings. I hope this helps. Good luck.
    06-08-08 12:24 AM
    Unfortunately, there is no way to setup a shortcut to compose a new message. The only shortcut you can setup is to your message inbox.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 12:38 AM
    I do know that you can change your side keys to different functions. I changed my left side key from voice activated dialing to compose. You can choose from many many different functions when you change it in screen/keyboard settings. I hope this helps. Good luck.
    That's a good idea, didn't even think about that. For people who are heavy texters that is, and judging by the wanting of a shortcut you must use it pretty often.
    06-08-08 12:52 AM
    In order to compose any email/message you obviously have to choose a contact first. This is what the compose shortcut does. It automatically brings up the contact list for you to choose a contact. Highlight a contact and press bb button to bring up context menue for the desired message type. If you want to send a message to someone not in your contacts list simply scroll up to the "use once" option in the contact list and go from there. So the answer is YES you can create a shortcut to compose a message or email, you just can't press one button and the bb pop-up the message input so you can immediately start typing a message without first inputting a recipient like you can on a regular cell phone then go back and enter the recipient later. Cmon what do you expect the bb to do....type your message for you and from that message guess to whom the message will be going to?
    06-08-08 12:56 AM
    Cmon what do you expect the bb to do....type your message for you and from that message guess to whom the message will be going to?
    YES! That is exactly what I expect... and it should also be able to turn on my light and bring me a drink of water when I'm thirsty... RIM needs to get cracking!
    06-08-08 12:58 AM
    YES! That is exactly what I expect... and it should also be able to turn on my light and bring me a drink of water when I'm thirsty... RIM needs to get cracking!
    And wipe your you know what as well...
    06-08-08 01:00 AM
    It's a WRAP...end of thread, yaaaaayy!
    06-08-08 01:01 AM
    It's a WRAP...end of thread, yaaaaayy!
    lol. I was gonna say wipe but I would never use a BB for that... They have things called Palm's for that.
    06-08-08 01:03 AM
    That's the best comment on this post... and i agree!
    06-08-08 01:07 AM
    In order to compose any email/message you obviously have to choose a contact first. This is what the compose shortcut does. It automatically brings up the contact list for you to choose a contact. Highlight a contact and press bb button to bring up context menue for the desired message type. If you want to send a message to someone not in your contacts list simply scroll up to the "use once" option in the contact list and go from there. So the answer is YES you can create a shortcut to compose a message or email, you just can't press one button and the bb pop-up the message input so you can immediately start typing a message without first inputting a recipient like you can on a regular cell phone then go back and enter the recipient later. Cmon what do you expect the bb to do....type your message for you and from that message guess to whom the message will be going to?
    Well, thanks for being a smarta$$ about it... but when I use the compose shortcut from my messages screen it brings up the email template, not a contact list to choose a contact to receive the desired message.
    06-17-08 09:40 AM
    This was a great suggestion though, and I am going to try it right now!

EDIT: I actually just tried it and it works great!! I was previously in my message list and then I would press 'C' which would take you to compose an email

Problem fixed though!!
    Last edited by bmcclure937; 06-17-08 at 09:47 AM.
    06-17-08 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD