Does anyone know of software from shop savvy or a similar company that does what shop savvy does on the g1 from t-mobile? It says that it just uses the camera. Im guessing that it would work on any platform. this would be awesome on my BB Curve. I am with verizon if that matters.

Thanks,

BbAaSsSs
    11-11-08 05:41 PM
    like a barcode scanner?

cause you can use scanlife

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-08 05:42 PM
    thats cool but I was wanting to scan upc codes like the G1 android to compare prices on the internet. Scan life says it cant scan upc codes. Does anyone know of a scanner that does exactly what the shop savvy scanner does on the android??
    11-11-08 05:54 PM
    did you look up scanlife? that is what it does...

11-11-08 05:56 PM
    On the Shop Savvy app, I wish there was one, but I couldn't find one earlier today. And Benzworm does make a good suggestion to scanlife, but scanlife uses special barcodes that only a minority of places use at the moment and it doesn't r use GPS to show other stores that have it. Scanlife is a limited app for its own barcodes, while Shop Savvy uses non-biased barcodes and expands on it...

Overall, I was disappointed greatly in Scanlife when I tried it out.
    11-11-08 05:57 PM
    i as well was disappoinated with scanlife, but i t hink it is the only program of its kind for the blackberry os

11-11-08 05:58 PM
    yeah thats crazy that there isnt something out there for the BB. Someone needs to hope on that quick!! Please keep everyone informed if someone finds something for out BB that does the same thing as the shop savvy.

Thanks,

BbAaSsSs
    11-11-08 06:04 PM
    Well I have contacted someone from big in japan the company that developed shop savvy for the G1. He said he is working on the BB Shop Savvy but does not know when it will be available.
    11-12-08 12:35 PM
    Shop Savvy for BBs would be splendid.
    11-20-08 09:49 PM
    Bump

Any news on this or an equivalent solution for BB?
    03-18-09 11:55 AM
    I would imagine that the tough stuff is already done if it is out for google. The hard part is getting the database of ups codes up to date and update pricing. The app itself doesn't look tricky to do. My curve doesn't have the greatest camera. How does the curve's camera stack up the g1?
    04-20-09 10:32 PM
    I think the camera on my Curve takes good enough pics to work with this app. I really hope its released sometime soon.

04-21-09 01:54 AM
    So has anyone found anything yet for the Shop Savvy or equiv yet?
    07-29-09 02:06 PM
    Although it's not Shop Savvy I DID find an app that will read multiple barcode formats. Check out NeoReader: Home

BB is supported!
    08-20-09 06:08 AM
    www(dot)edocrab(dot)com Bar Code spelled backwards... it is the equivalent to Shop Savvy. Which won't be out for BB til March or April 2010.
    12-04-09 09:58 AM
    Has anyone tried jagtag.com???
    12-18-09 04:18 PM
    I found i-shop on blackberry app world. I am not sure what it does but it is free and it is what came up for my search on shop savvy
    01-14-10 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD