Shazam is offically the coolest app ever!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 03:22 AM
    Okay, I give. What's it used for?
    04-02-09 05:21 AM
    Okay, I give. What's it used for?
    It identifies any music you are listening to and then gets back to you with the details and a nice pic of the album etc!!!

Yes, it is absolutely amazing. I just downloaded it and tried it and it found the track from the beginning where there was only music and no singing.
    Awesome.
    04-02-09 06:50 AM
    worth having just to show off to your friends..... the technology is amazing, just let your phone listen to a song for a minute and it will tell you everything, artist, album, bio, lyrics, link to buy the song, etc.....

I am amazed
    04-02-09 08:16 AM
    so where can i download it

04-02-09 09:55 AM
    If you have Blackberry App World downloaded you can get it there.
    04-02-09 10:45 AM
    is it free?

Alex
    04-02-09 10:59 AM
    Yes there is a free trial until the end of may but after that u will have to pay 5 bucks however totally worth it

04-02-09 11:03 AM
    I have searched all through the appworld store and it is no where to be found. Where are you finding it?
    04-02-09 11:06 AM
    Yes there is a free trial until the end of may but after that u will have to pay 5 bucks however totally worth it

After two months trial period you can either buy it for 5 bucks or use it for free but for only 5 song searches per month instead of the previous 1000 songs per month.
    04-02-09 11:11 AM
    I have searched all through the appworld store and it is no where to be found. Where are you finding it?
    it is under top downloads in app world
    04-02-09 11:14 AM
    I think there is a search function in the BB App World. If you type it in it will pull up the Shazam app. I don't know how forgiving the search function is about spelling errors.
    04-02-09 11:14 AM
    once it is purchased is there like a subscription to be payed? for monthly use? or is it just a one time $5 payment and that is it?

Alex
    04-02-09 12:01 PM
    No prescriptions but you do need a data plan.
    Sitting at Taco Belle last night with a crowded room with lots of ppl talking when I tried Shazam out. A few minutes later it brought the song up with album ID. That was enough to convince me to just buy it. I bought it last night after just a few hours of testing it out.
    Agree--it is a good app.
    04-02-09 12:08 PM
    nice! thanks for the info
    04-02-09 01:22 PM
    so for a one time fee of $5. every month you're only allowed to have 5 song searches?

04-02-09 01:35 PM
    If you do not buy Shazam you are limited to 5 song tags a month.
    When you buy the application you have unlimited.
    04-02-09 01:46 PM
    How do you set it all up? I installed it, but dont get the settings..
    04-02-09 08:10 PM
    How do you set it all up? I installed it, but dont get the settings..
    Start the the Shazam application when you hear a song you want to "tag"
    Click on the BB button & click on "Tag Now" & hold your phone close to the radio speaker (or in my case last night in Taco Belle I just held it up in the air & it found the song that was playing). In a few seconds the phone will vibrate & when you look it tells you it's searching for the song. It will tell you what song it was, what album, show you the album art. You can also buy the song for .89 cents directly to phone. Or order the whole album on line. The song I tested this on found several sources with different prices and most had free shipping.

Hope this helps you...
    Last edited by SkyGeek; 04-02-09 at 10:01 PM.
    04-02-09 09:45 PM
    it doesn't work for storm
    04-02-09 09:48 PM
    Start the the Shazam application when you hear a song you want to "tag"
    Click on the BB button & click on "Tag Now" & hold your phone close to the radio speaker (or in my case last night in Taco Belle I just held it up in the air & it found the song that was playing). In a few seconds the phone will vibrate & when you look it tells you it's searching for the song. It will tell you what song it was, what album, show you the album art. You can also buy the song for .89 cents directly to phone. Or order the whole album on line. The song I tested this on found several sources with different prices but most had free shipping.

Hope this helps you...
    I love this app!! But jeez, how loud was the radio playing in Taco Bell??
    04-02-09 09:54 PM
    it doesn't work for storm
    No way!! It seems all the neat apps are made for the Storm. My friend has one & shows off all the neat stuff he has. They will catch up to you before long. That's a big chunk of potential customers out there with Storms.
    Hang on...
    04-02-09 09:56 PM
    I love this app!! But jeez, how loud was the radio playing in Taco Bell??
    Loudly & they always play it loudly.
    But I was under a speaker so it picked up the song.
    I like this app. too.
    04-02-09 10:00 PM
    mine just stays at the shazam is being set up for you screen forever. Can anyone help me fix this?
    04-02-09 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD