I was following the tutorial for setting up personal email on my blackberry and i got this message when trying to register it with the rogers bis

"Cannot create account:

This BlackBerry� device is registered with a different carrier. Please register this
    device and verify that URL of the current website matches the one provided by your
    carrier.

To register:

1. In the Application list on your device, click Options, or click Settings Options.

2. Click Advanced Options > Host Routing Table.

3. Click the Menu key and click Register Now."

i tried doing it on my phone but it still doesnt seem to work for me...

i also don't have the option on my phone to set up a regular personal email, only business enterprise email... any suggestions
    05-30-09 04:00 AM
    where did u buy the phone from? sounds like the PIN is associated to another account and cant be applied to yours until the other carrier releases it.
    05-30-09 05:32 AM
    Sounds like you don't have a BlackBerry Data Plan properly set up. You will not get the Personal Email Setup option without it.
    05-30-09 06:33 AM
    +1 on the other carrier releasing PIN. If you have a BES-configured, phone, there may also be an IT policy that prevents setting up BIS emails, but typically there is no problem having both types of accounts on a BES device.

It is difficult to remove an IT policy once implemented but check out this thread if you think you will need to do that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 06:44 AM
    I have nad trouble setting up both of my BB curves. The first was registered with another carrier and the other was not registered correctly when I bough it new (I love Best Buy )
    It took several calls to ATT to help me on the first issue, but finally got it set up. The new one was fixed with one phone call.
    I would call your carrier. I would bet they can help you with your problem. Just be patient.
    05-30-09 07:05 AM
    Had a similar issue.... cont my serv prov and everything was worked out in 2 seconds... good luck
    05-30-09 12:20 PM
    well i don't have a data package but i recently had an unlimited email package put on it so i should be able to set up my email through that i'll call rogers and see what i can figure out thanks
    05-31-09 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD