Hello

I get the above error msg on my black berry curve when I try to sign to yahoo messenger/gtalk/. I haven't tried other messengers yet, but I prefer gtalk/y!m. It will install but when I sign in I get this error. (Carrier = TMO, BB curve 8320, no data plan, no @ home plan, etc. Just voice plan)
    Is TMO preventing this for I don't have data plan. I'm connected to my home's WiFi. I'm on WiFi only to make sure I don't get charged for data browsing. Please help.
    Thanks.
    07-23-08 01:30 AM
    When I tried to install live messenger, I get the following:

Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Windows Live Messenger.

Can someone help for the above issues? Thanks.
    07-23-08 02:01 PM
    Yes, I believe you have to have a data plan on T-Mo for yahoo messenger to work. Same for gtalk. As far as Windows live, I'm not familiar with that service. Hope this helps.
    07-23-08 02:05 PM
    That would make sense. Thanks.

Now, if I'm out of the USA (in a hotel in Europe that has free WiFi) and I connect my Curve to the wiFi and (1) browse the web and (2) make calls via UMA, would I be charged more for (1) browsing and (2) caliing from international location as I don't have any data plan?
    Thanks.
    07-23-08 02:12 PM
    Just reiterate the problem with T-Mobile and BlackBerry, I had a 8120 which would could not use Live Messenger because it was not "enabled" on the device. T-Mobile requires a data plan for that but makes no mistake in mentioning you get unlimited "any type of instant messaging" with their unlimited text messaging plan. Plus since the Live Messenger is not enabled, I cannot take advantage of that part of the device in Wi-Fi hotspots. Only thing I dislike about T-Mobile...but then seems most if not all the cell companies are similar (or worse) in that aspect.

Got the phone for free so I broke down for the data plan anyhow...as for your overseas cost question, you'd be best to ask T-Mobile about that and find a way to document their answer. Last thing you want is someone at a call center who doesn't know pretending they do.
    10-18-08 01:44 AM
    I have the data plan with at&t, but I get the same error message when I try to log on to yahoo messenger, how do you enable after loading onto my unit, I have a 8700c
    10-19-08 09:53 AM
    I was told by a T-Mobile Tech Support Representative that in order to use the messaging programs on the Blackberry, you need to have a data plan on your account. Just enabling WiFi won't work to allow for regular TCP/IP connections.
    08-19-10 11:35 PM
    please help me by enable the i am so that i can use all messengers
    02-17-15 03:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD