Hi all,

I picked up my 8320 Curve yesterday after formerly using a 7520 for work, and attempted to load up some fairly standard applications (midpssh, opera mini, etc.), have changed my APN to wap.voicestream.com, and yet nothing seems to be able to connect.

I'm on an unlimited plan, so from what I can tell, I should be okay I think, but I checked the service books, and all of the pre-installed applications have a listing in the service book, and are able to connect fine. The new applications, obviously, do not have listings in the service book, and are not able to connect to anything.

So two questions: is there a way to easily resolve this issue without editing the service book? And if not, is there a way to edit the service book and add a new listing? I imagine that's all I really need to do.

Thanks in advance
    02-09-08 12:06 PM
    You do not get service books for 3rd party applications. Service books are for the BB applications given to you by your carrier.
    For what it is worth I cannot get opera mini to work either, it seems that most people can but some of us cannot.
    Perhaps a fellow T mobile customer will help you.
    02-09-08 12:37 PM
    Pull out the battery while the device is turned on, then reinsert the battery. There is no way to edit service books as they are sent to you from your carrier.
    02-09-08 12:52 PM
    My best suggestion after having a lot of hassle trying to get opera mini working on my own blackberry, go into the setup email app and go to service books, and resend them to yourself, also make sure the APN in the TCP section is wap.voicestream.com and there is absolutely no typos there, also try to uninstall the app do a battery pull and reinstall the app such as opera mini, its a pain but that got things working for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-08 05:51 PM
    try deleting and reinstalling apps
    02-09-08 07:25 PM
    Jumping in on this - Can you tell me how to edit/change my APN settings on my Storm?
    02-17-09 12:31 AM
    You can edit service books with IPD editor. I understand you get the SB from your carrier. I'm on Cricket so it's a different monster. I am unable to get Opera Mini to work either. Keeps giving me an error of uable to connect to network.
    05-20-09 12:06 PM
    If I am following this right, you can normally find someone who has the service books. They will either send them to you or download them yourself, then reinstall them in desktop mgr. Regardless of what you may read here at times I have found many good people who can and will help you. Whoever reads this... lots of luck and may the force be with you (LOFnL!)
    04-20-10 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD