I just got my work email set up through BES. The emails are all showing up in my Messages- along with all the other messages that are in there. Is there a way to separate them so I see only work emails? (similar to how my gmail account is separated?)

Hopefully this is a simple answer that I just missed in the forums.

Thanks!
    10-19-09 02:17 PM
    You need a third-party app to separate BES messages. Fortunately, there's an awesome app that does exactly what you want: BES Mailbox from Empower - Empower HTML Email Viewer, Blackberry Threaded SMS and more. All messages will still appear in the Messages box but this will create a new icon on your home screen containing only your BES messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jbeachy; 10-19-09 at 02:25 PM.
    10-19-09 02:22 PM
    It can be done without a 3rd party app, but it has to be set up by the BES Admin. Direct your admin to This KB Article and ask if they can set it up. The worst they can do is say no.
    10-19-09 02:32 PM
    not sure if BES emails are different but can you not just edit it your user options??

messages, options, general options, sms and email inboxes (select separate)
    10-19-09 03:21 PM
    @BlackCRX - BES is very different from BES and no, you cannot do what you've suggested. SMS can be separated, and BIS accounts create their own icon (InBox). BES does none of those and cannot be configured from the device. BES users have to follow one of two paths suggested earlier in this thread if they want separate their BES mail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD