Hi everyone. I just got my BB 8320 today and am still trying to figure out how to use it. I notice that I get emails (gmail acct) and text messages sent to my messages folder but I also get emails sent to my email account folder. Is there anyway to designate the message folder for text messages only? I'd like to keep emails and texts separate and it seems stupid to get emails in both folders anyway. Thanks in advance for the help!

Linda
    08-18-09 07:35 PM
    Hey there,

Go to the "Messages" folder and select the menu button on your BlackBerry. Then, scroll down to "Options" and select "General Options". Then, scroll down to where you see "SMS and Email Inboxes" and select "seperate". It should be on "Theme Controlled" now.

Hope this helps!
    08-18-09 07:39 PM
    Thank you...that was very helpful! So simple, I almost feel a little silly . Thanks again!!!
    08-18-09 07:49 PM
    That setting creates a separate inbox for SMS/MMS messages. Your email will still show up in the "Messages" folder along with the gmail folder. You will get the emails in both folders (messages and gmail) regardless of your settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 08:15 PM
    Thank you...that was very helpful! So simple, I almost feel a little silly . Thanks again!!!
    You are welcome!
    08-18-09 08:19 PM
    Welcome to the wonderful world of BB and CB! I would recommend reading the BB101 Lecture Series. It is a wealth of information and will answer many questions that you may have come up. You can find a link to the series in my sig.

Enjoy and Happy Learning!
    08-18-09 10:37 PM
    Thanx! I was trying to figure out how to do that too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 01:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD