I'm trying to text most of the people in my address book with my new number. I can't figure out how to do it without having to text each person individually. I've been playing around with it and tried to look it up, but I'm not getting anywhere. I know this is probably one of the easiest things to do, but I'm just not seeing it lol. I have to get this out asap!

Can anyone help me out? Thanks!
    07-01-08 06:27 AM
    here's how I do it:

after I enter the name of the first person to send the text to, I hit the menu button and click on "Add Recipient" and enter the next person.

Probably multiple ways of doing this, but it works for me...
    07-01-08 06:32 AM
    you can also use the enter key to add a new contact
    07-01-08 06:37 AM
    I think that will max out at 10. You could create a group that has everyone in it but that wouldn't be much faster.

Hope your addressbook isn't to large, might be a monumental task.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 06:41 AM
    Yeah, I just tried that. It does max out after a few. Is there any way to copy and paste so I don't have to rewrite the message after every 10 people?
    07-01-08 06:45 AM
    you can just forward it or you hold down shift and scroll over what you want and after you highlighted it all hit the menu key and select copy
    07-01-08 06:50 AM
    You can also download 3jam's reply-all texting software. I use it. I love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 07:01 AM
    Thank you!
    07-01-08 07:03 AM
    If you have a group of people you consistently send texts to (as you are trying to do)... then you can create a group from the Address Book.

Adress Book > Menu > Create Group

Then when you compose a message you can send it to any of the groups you have created

Also, for copying and pasting :

Press Shift, highlight desired text
    Press Alt - Trackball to Copy
    Press LShift - Trackball to Paste

(Much faster than Menu > Copy & Menu > Paste!!
    07-01-08 07:50 AM
    i think creating the group would be your best bet. i did this for my soccer team when i have to let them know what time our games are every week. you just select the group instead of a single contact and send the text!
    07-01-08 08:23 AM
    Yeah, it took forever doing it the way I did. I probably should have done the group thing
    07-01-08 09:38 AM
    Well, glad to see that we could help another CB Cutie
    07-01-08 09:41 AM
    lol it's the blackberry that makes me cute
    07-01-08 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD