Hello All,

First thread so be gentle
    Is it possible with the right service books installed on my BB that I could send pics via sms. It drives me crazy that I need to pay for a data plan just to send some pics now and again.
    My provider is ATT and I have the plan that allows me to send up to 200 text or pics and pay per kb on images sent. Now I found out that was when I was still carrying a "dumb"phone.
    I've heard about certain service books getting around this but I would have to downgrade on my OS considerably. Any options people?

Thanks for reading my post.btw
    09-03-08 08:29 AM
    You can only send pics as email or MMS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 08:36 AM
    This a kind of long quote from another forum that has me thinking. I don't mind downsizing my OS to get the service books, but I like the new features.

"On most operating systems, the service books are provisioned by the service provider. This means that once you add a BB data plan to your account, your phone will receive the service books. The service books will be taken away if you cancel the BB data plan. T-Mobile does not have this problem however; they offer a �feature enabler� for free. AT&T does not offer such a thing.

There is an operating system that has all the service books loaded in it. The Mobilkom Austria [A1] 4.2.1.101 OS will permanently load the service books on your phone. It will also permanently get rid of the �Data Connection Refused� prompt on the home screen. This operating system will make your Pearl work like any other phone. Therefore, it will not require a special data plan. When you use the internet on it, you will be charge a per kilobyte use (pay-per-use). Or you can use one of the MediaNet plans offered by AT&T."
    09-03-08 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD