I think the title says it all.

I send mail from my gmail account using my blackberry but i have no idea how to get a copy of my sent messages delivered to my outlook so i can keep record of them. Any help you could provide is appreciated.

-Derek

(Sorry I am on BIS)

I should mention that I set a BCC in under my sprint blackberry account to go to [email protected]...and that still does nothing
    06-13-08 10:27 AM
    hmm .. if you are on BIS - You may be able to login to your carriers BIS site and setup a filter that would forward sent items to another address that delivers to Outlook. Not sure if thats what you're looking to do or not.
    06-13-08 10:30 AM
    I have my comcast email forwarded to my bb via my device @blackberry.net address. When i set it up through comcast website, i put the forward address in and it gave me the option to to leave a copy on the server which when i open outlook, it downloads the copy from the comcast server.
    06-13-08 10:33 AM
    hmm .. if you are on BIS - You may be able to login to your carriers BIS site and setup a filter that would forward sent items to another address that delivers to Outlook. Not sure if thats what you're looking to do or not.
    I am on BIS but I am trying to avoid using a different email address for this. I can get a copy of all my received emails in outlook but just not my sent ones
    06-13-08 10:42 AM
    theres a place in gmail to have it fowarded to where ever you want...

edit: just go to account settings
    06-13-08 10:44 AM
    theres a place in gmail to have it fowarded to where ever you want...

edit: just go to account settings
    Jason I want it to download to outlook, I don't know how to get outlook to save a copy of my gmail's sent items (unless i setup outlook with IMAP and then run a rule everynight to move them to my general folder which I DO NOT want to do...sooooo annoying to use IMAP in outlook). Sorry I wasn't clear earlier.
    06-13-08 11:04 AM
    Okay well I'm so helpless here that I'm willing to make this work even if i have to use another email address...but I still dont think the filter I have setup in gmail will forward "sent" items, it seems to only forward incoming mail

edit: tested it, not working
    06-13-08 11:47 AM
    you want emails you author on your BB to copy on your 'sent items' folder in your outlook/gmail/bellsouth/etc account as if you had authored them from that application/program.

I'd like to do the same thing.

06-13-08 11:55 AM
    Why not login to your BIS website and setup a CC to yourself for any emails sent out.
    06-13-08 12:02 PM
    Why not login to your BIS website and setup a CC to yourself for any emails sent out.
    YOU'RE A GENIUS!!! I just had to BCC myself but a different email address, not my gmail one, setup an outlook filter to move those messages to my sent items...BAM i'm done.

again, YOU'RE THE MAN!!!

Thank you!!
    06-13-08 01:05 PM
    Yes Jayden, you are a Genius
    06-13-08 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD