When I used to have the iPhone, I had Gmail setup as an IMAP account. Anytime I got spam, I just moved the email to the spam folder. Google would automatically mark it as spam.

Is there any way I can have an email go straight to my spam folder in Gmail? Or better yet, is there an easy way to mark it as spam? I have my personal Gmail account setup on BIS and it's not IMAP. I'm guessing that's why I don't see the different folders for flagging, tags, and spam. Also, I'd prefer to keep this setup because I have heard that there is a delay when receiving emails though IMAP. Some emails are very important to me and really would like to receive them ASAP.

Anyway, to deal with the spam, I just delete the spam email on the Curve and leave it in Gmail. When I come home from work, I log in to my Gmail account and report the offending emails as spam. I just wish there was an easier way to do this. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!
    10-14-08 11:14 PM
    Switching to IMAP wouldn't help you in this regard since even if you setup the email account to use IMAP in BIS, only the contents of your Inbox are pushed to the BB - you don't have access to any of the other IMAP folders.

When I get spam I do what you're doing - delete on handheld only, and then report it as spam later. If I'm away from my desktop for more than a day or two I might use the Gmail app on my BB to do this, otherwise I just do it at my desktop.
    10-15-08 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD