I am thinking about buying one but I do have one question. It says it is a rubberized grip. Is the grip made from actual rubber? Would it fit in the blackberry case that has the latch over the magnetic latch over the top and the elastic on the sides?

It's kind of important because I allergic to the latex that is used to make rubber and if I touched it my hand would swell up.
    12-26-08 02:16 AM
    I can't help you on the 2600mah set-up.

Sedio makes a smaller / slimmer 1500mah version that maintains the original bb rear cover.

I am involved in an advanced survival training program 3-4 times a year.
    This puts me in a position in which I don't have access to electricity for 5-7 days at a time.

I needed slightly longer battery life as well as a spare battery. I opted for the 1500mah "Slim" extended. Maintaining my Otter-Box Defender case was a must.
    My 8310 will stay operational for the 5-7 days on a single charge, this is with minimal use.

I can run roughly 7 hours longer with heavy calling / web use, bluetooth paired.

Is it worth the $45.00 for the average user ???
    12-26-08 08:31 AM
    Yes the $45 for the 2600mah is DEFINITELY worth it. As for the purpose of this post, I can answer both questions. No the cases that fit the stock 8330 won't work because the extended battery adds a small hump on the back of the phone that fits your hand quite nicely. As for the material, the door itself is not made from rubber, but is coated with a thin layer of soft rubber that feels silky smooth and I think is made from the same material on the sides of the Curve itself. The battery is amazing and adds a HUGE ammount of use between charges.
    12-26-08 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD