I unplugged my curve from its charger this morning, and left it sitting on the table till now, and it already lost half a battery thing, like it has 4.5 battery instead of 5.

I had no apps running besides the default ones you cant turn off.

None of my connections were on - no wifi, no bluetooth, no mobile network.

Is there a way to conserve battery more?
    08-03-08 03:39 PM
    The program AutoStandby, will help save battery life. How is the signal streth for your service provider? If it is weak I notice my battery drop pretty quick also.
    08-03-08 03:42 PM
    with the device in standby you should get close to two weeks of battery life. How old is your device? After a year or so you can start to notice a difference in battery life (this varies of course by use). Also without any radio's transmitting the device should be just sitting there basically with the screen off for hours on end, using little to no battery power. Out of curiosity were you doing a battery test on purpose? Not many people have the device having zero connections to the outside world.
    08-03-08 03:43 PM
    my device is about 3 weeks old.

and my network was turned off, remember.

and what is this AutoStandby that you speak of?
    08-03-08 04:08 PM
    AutoStandBy is an excellent app. I set mine to 60 seconds.
    08-03-08 04:26 PM
    what is it exactly?
    08-03-08 04:54 PM
    i just click and hold the stand by button on the top of mine. I know that brickbreaker eats the battery up.
    08-03-08 04:54 PM
    with the device in standby you should get close to two weeks of battery life..
    You get two weeks of battery? I have never heard of anyone being able to go that long without charging. I get, t most. Two days without charging. I use mine a fairan but not excessive, amount throughout the day.

Does anyone else keep a two week charge???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 04:59 PM
    You get two weeks of battery? I have never heard of anyone being able to go that long without charging. I get, t most. Two days without charging. I use mine a fairan but not excessive, amount throughout the day.

Does anyone else keep a two week charge???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It is two weeks of battery when the phone is in standby mode, and I assume with no incoming or outgoing data.
    08-03-08 05:02 PM
    Go to T-Mobile and get a new battery, just tell them your problem and i would think you would get a free replacement. Good luck!
    08-03-08 05:07 PM
    With normal use, incoming and outgoing calls, surfing the web, texting along with some messanger maybe you get three days max if you are pushing it. Most of the time I charge about every two days and I have a decent amount of free time to use my phone at work.

You may have a bad battery, keep an eye on your battery life with by holding alt and then hitting e-a-c-e you can see the percentage as well as memory. I work for att and I know that bad batteries are few and far between with bb's but it does happen.
    08-03-08 05:14 PM
    instead of alt+e-a-c-e you can do alt+left shift+h

at least on my sprint curve you can.

i have found battery life on my curve to be pretty amazing. I can go from 7:30am --> 6pm with jivetalk running constantly, push email, viigo rss, PEPID, and using the browser, and when I get home I still have 40%-50% life left! If I leave jivetalk off, I can get home with still 60-70% life left.
    08-03-08 05:26 PM
    dude, im on fido in canada i must have a ****ty battery cuz i have to charge mine everyday. i had my bb for two weeks now and everynight i had to charge it our the battery would drop in a few hours .. if fido that bad or is my battery that ****ty?
    06-01-11 05:57 PM
    I bought a new battery for my 8300 and it didn't need to be charged for 2-3 days. After about a week, it went back to where it had to be charged every night.

I turned my BB off and rebooted it and the battery lasted a long time again. Then, about a week later, it has to be charged daily again.

I set the Auto On/Off to shut it down for a few hours every night and that seems to solve the problem.
    06-21-11 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD