first of all i would like to say that i already done my homework and looked for the answer and didn't find it, and its my first post so i dont know the protocol on this

my problem seems to be that i can receive calls on my 8320 when the phone is locked with password protection, i am fine with receiving calls without the phone asking for the password but the phone is unlocked after that, therefore leaving my bb vulnerable to look at my emails, make calls etc...i dont use the pouch that comes with the bb i use a belt clip so when i holster it my phone doesn't lock it has to timeout
    so the question is, how can i make the phone lock with password protection after i hang up? ( i still want receive calls without typing the password because i dont think i can type the password and answer on time, its to much of a hassle )

im worried because if i loose my phone and who ever finds it receives a call the phone unlocks and they can use it to check my emails, buy stuff, make calls etc ... while i call to block my phone
    02-09-09 11:44 AM
    It sounds like you might be a little too paranoid, but you can install a freeware application named Autolock to automatically lock your device after a prescribed period of time.
    02-09-09 01:45 PM
    is the device activated on a BES server?
    02-09-09 02:08 PM
    I suggest you go back and check all the security settings, allow outgoing calls while locked, etc ........ there is something in the security setup not right. Without knowing all your settings it's a little hard to know where you are starting from.

The default is to allow incoming calls while locked. Allowing outgoing while locked is an option, and since I have mine set to not allow I don't know what the interaction is here after an incoming is received if set otherwise.

My Curve 8330 receives incoming while locked, but remains locked after the call. Security timeout is set to 60 minutes, but that only comes into play after the BB is unlocked.

Provide some more info on your security settings, and/or try changing them to see if it addresses your issue.
    02-09-09 02:18 PM
    It sounds like you might be a little too paranoid, but you can install a freeware application named Autolock to automatically lock your device after a prescribed period of time.
    Mama ~ regarding your comment about paranoia ~ read my sig. hahahaha Just givin' ya a hard time.

R-900 ~ Try setting your security timeout to 1 minute also.
    02-09-09 09:53 PM
    yeah im a little paranoid ..but a lot of important stuff, account info is on my bb mail and i cant delete my messages because i need the often for referral
    password enabled
    # of password attemps 9
    security timeout 1 min
    prompt on install yes

lock handheld upon holstering No
    allow outgoing calls while locked No

content compression disabled
    content protection enabled
    strength strongest
    include address book yes

thats all the security general settings

there's only a couple of settings i cant find one that enables locking the phone after a call

keep in mind i don't type the password to answer i just hit the green button
    it sucks that answering a call unlocks my bb
    02-13-09 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD