I have searched and can't find anything. So I am throwing it out there to the guru's at large, I have found out if it can be done, someone on here has a solution.. so my question is, is there a way to lock/secure pictures or video on a file or save to memory card? Kinda what the password keeper does but only for pictures? Anyone?
    I would like to put a password on my pictures so no one else cans see
    Last edited by berryloud; 09-02-09 at 11:00 PM. Reason: clarification
    09-02-09 10:58 PM
    09-02-09 11:02 PM
    open the options application
    go to media card
    turn encryption on
    turn encrypt media file on

Next go to security options
    general settings
    turn content protection on

you'll need to set a password as well.

Now your protected from anyone seeing your naughty snapshots without the password to you device.

Even if they take the memory card.

Note: existing files need to be removed and re-added to get encrypted.
    09-02-09 11:06 PM
    Thanks!
    I knew I would get an answer. I have never been disapointed on this site!

Hey pauldriver,
    how did you know I had naughty pics?
    09-02-09 11:13 PM
    I'm from the land of sin, that's all anyone here uses their phone for.
    09-02-09 11:15 PM
    pauldriver,
    i did as you suggested and it locked my whole phone, I was just wanting to lock the media card.
    09-02-09 11:51 PM
    I don't know about encryption, but I have pics and videos that are not ummm, kid friendly lol. Kids use my phone sometimes and I didn't want them to see it so I downloaded bbfilescout and moved everything to a different folder on the media card and then hide the folder. The pics and vids won't be pulled up with media now. Have to go in to explorer and make the files visible from there. Not protected, but no one will see them unless they take the time to search through hidden files.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

09-03-09 10:14 AM
    Hidden Folders are the only kidsafe solution I can think of, use the file explorer in the Media app. From the menu key, choose explore, then in the explorer, from the menu choose show hidden. Select a file or folder (better a folder) and using the menu key, select properties and set or remove the hidden attribute.

This will not hide the files from all apps, as some third party apps and file browsers do not actually hide the hidden files, but RIM apps do all obey this flag.
    Last edited by pauldriver; 09-03-09 at 11:43 AM.
    09-03-09 11:34 AM
    There are now two issues happening in this thread.

One: How do I protect files on my blackberry from unauthorised access.

Two: How do I protect files on my blackberry from authorised access.

Number One is easy. Set a password and turn on media card encryption. From that point on, without the password, the phones internal memory is protected, and the files created on memorycard/mediacard cannot be accessed without that handset, a password, or both.

Number Two is harder. The BB OS assumes that an authorized user has access to most everything, and doesn't bother with protecting files or contacts, or memos when the phone is unlocked.
    09-03-09 11:53 AM
    Been looking through encryption and security apps in my spare time today. WINMO has quite a few 3rd party apps available, but none for bb as yet. I'll keep searching. The current bb operating systems are "full disk" encryption from what I've read. Meaning, you can't encrypt individual files without a 3rd party app, if there is one.

09-03-09 03:38 PM
    Been looking through encryption and security apps in my spare time today. WINMO has quite a few 3rd party apps available, but none for bb as yet. I'll keep searching. The current bb operating systems are "full disk" encryption from what I've read. Meaning, you can't encrypt individual files without a 3rd party app, if there is one.

There are a few. See my previous post for a link.
    09-03-09 04:17 PM
    Sorry wpg! Lol your short and to-the-point post got stuck between 2 rather wordy posts and I didn't see it there. I'll have to check that one out myself. My 13yro son is rather techish and might find my cleverishly hidden files lmao

09-03-09 04:45 PM
    Thanks for all the response. Filelock is the app I decieded to go with. Its secure enough to keep out prying eyes, thats all I needed. I doubt it would hold up against the govermnet (ha) but who is hiding anything from them right? Once again thanks all.
    09-04-09 12:49 AM
    file lock is not security, it simply renames the files in question. using the BB Media App's file explorer (explore from the menu) to browse to the file and renaming it 'unlocks' the file.
    09-04-09 02:34 PM
    Too bad filescount doesn't support passwords for zip files.

A ZIP Utility that supports passwords would be a better option.
    09-04-09 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD