Hello, I am new to the blackberry community and know absolutely nothing

Please help me.

I have a Blackberry Curve 8330 (Sprint) that came with a Samsung Micro SD 1GB installed with the phone. I just purchased a SanDisk 16 GB Micro SD and put it in my phone by the instructions in my book that came with the device.

Now when I connect my blackberry to my computer it isn't recognized. I can no longer use my blackberry media sync to sync my itunes with my blackberry or anything like that.

Please help me correct this issue.

Thank You all very much,

Pond

EDIT! - I also figured I'd add that my device is in mass storage mode, and the media card is installed (inserted) correctly.
    03-01-09 01:46 PM
    Having a card that size would be determined by your OS

BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0.81 and later Up to 16 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 and later Up to 32 GB

Check options>about and see if your OS matches the above list.. That is the first thing I would check into. I see you are in mass storage mode, good....Just drag and drop from there...... Did you format the card by chance?

Hello, I am new to the blackberry community and know absolutely nothing
    Welcome to CB by the way - the first link in my sig will give you alot of info so you wont have to no longer know nothing
    03-01-09 01:50 PM
    Having a card that size would be determined by your OS

BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0.81 and later Up to 16 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 and later Up to 32 GB

Check options>about and see if your OS matches the above list.. That is the first thing I would check into. I see you are in mass storage mode, good....Just drag and drop from there...... Did you format the card by chance?

Welcome to CB by the way - the first link in my sig will give you alot of info so you wont have to no longer know nothing
    UHOH, yep it says v4.3.0.127 I guess that means it doesn't work unless I upgrade said OS. Thanks for the links btw, It would be good to know more than nothing.
    03-01-09 01:53 PM
    You are correct...

Your OS/Card combo wont work - yet. You need to upgrade or go back to the 1gig card until you feel a little more comfy with the upgrade process. Not really hard just something I recommend you feel comfy with.... The info needed to upgrade is located at the top of the 83xx forum stickies

All the info you need to know is here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-152163/

When you download desktop manager I recommend version 4.6 without media manager. If you like Roxio products you can get it with, I have no use for it - Mass Storage Mode works best IMO
    03-01-09 01:56 PM
    If I do the update, will I have to backup/reinstall the applications that aren't third party (Sprint Navigation and so on)

Thanks for your help

-Pond
    03-01-09 02:34 PM
    Ok, I updated to the most current OS for blackberry 8330 (multilanguage)

Now my browser has disappeared, how do I get it back?

Thanks again for the help

-Pond
    03-01-09 04:20 PM

BlackBerry Internet Service

or

options>advanced options>host routing table>menu button> register now
    03-01-09 04:25 PM
    that worked, thanks man, you have been awesome.
    03-01-09 04:33 PM
    that worked, thanks man, you have been awesome.
    Thanks.. Glad to help - Congrats on the OS upgrade it seems you are awesome too

The first link in my sig has a lot of good info for ya when you get some downtime. Enjoy.......
    03-01-09 04:36 PM
    Yeah thanks for the links, I'll def. be looking at this site for other things I might want/need.
    03-01-09 04:40 PM
    I just upgraded to 8900 from 8800. I was using 2GB SD card on 8800, when I open music/video on 8800 I used to see my sub-folders within BlackBerry/music/ (ex: My Music, New Songs etc.,). When I inserted the SD card I don't see those sub-folders. Am I misisng something?
    03-01-09 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD