Hey, I had a Blackberry 8310 and the scroll ball stopped working. It would scroll only if I pressed down on the ball REALLY hard and it never clicked. I tried to fix it and ended up like breaking off something inside... So I got a new phone (Palm Centro... I hate it)

But today, I was taking pictures of all the things I wanted to sell on Ebay and figured I could sell my old blackberry for a few bucks if people need a certain part. So, I did a master reset of the phone and when it turned back on, the scrollball worked perfectly fine again.
    It scrolls fine and it will click if I barely even touch it.
    The only weird thing is that I can't actually feel like it click when I press it in, but it goes, unlike before. But maybe that's the part of the hardware that I broke?

What could have made my scroll ball magically start working again when I reset it? It doesn't really make sense to me...
    11-21-09 03:44 PM
    I dont REALLY know why, but its a common fix for alot of issues including memory issues, the mute key, camera issues blah blah blah.. a battery pull is a magic fix for alot of issues.. it could have been a memory issue sure, but I dont exactly know why or how..
    11-21-09 04:13 PM
    Well, at least u can return the Centro(wanna be BB) and go back to the BB. 30 days or less return.
    11-21-09 04:26 PM
    The only weird thing is that I can't actually feel like it click when I press it in, but it goes, unlike before. But maybe that's the part of the hardware that I broke?
    You can replace the trackball:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/

Google will find you a place to buy a new one or someone here will be along with a recommendation...
    11-21-09 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD