Does this happen to anyone?

When i lay my 8320 on a desk sometimes the screen will turn black(like standby mode) in just seconds? tested in a dark room with my monitor and a lamp on so its not completely a dark room?

then when i pick it up, the screen lights up? but while its on the desk even when i press buttons it stays a black screen most the time ... i think it has to do with light sensitivity?

My screen light is set on 1min no auto dim.

when you put your curve into your case and the light turns off is it by light sensitivity as well ?
    Last edited by 21questions; 11-21-07 at 09:46 PM.
    11-21-07 08:45 PM
    it doesnt really happen anywhere ... just when i put my phone inbetween me and the computer monitor/ lamp (both next to eachother).
    11-21-07 09:51 PM
    Just tried this and it doesn't happen to me!
    11-21-07 09:56 PM
    Ok try this .... you know the oem case that comes with the phone?

put it on your desk with the side that says blackberry(smooth side) down and then put your phone on top in the same position mentioned above.
    Last edited by 21questions; 11-21-07 at 10:21 PM.
    11-21-07 10:08 PM
    it only does this when on top of the case, everytime i used another spot i didnt use the case. I never put my phone on a hard surface. So it doesnt have to be dark or anything, try it out.
    Last edited by 21questions; 11-21-07 at 10:43 PM.
    11-21-07 10:25 PM
    That is because there is a magnet in the case that activates stand by mode. It is not a lack of light that activates the stand by mode.
    11-22-07 01:55 AM
    Am guessing its the sleeper magnet in the BB case tht doing the lights off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-07 03:57 AM
    You are correct. It is the magnet on the BB case that turns off the light. Once inside the case, accidental movements of the trackball is negated..I believe.

When the rep. demonstrated this capability, I was totally into it and bought it without a second thought. But now I am thinking of a side pouch or something like that...
    11-22-07 06:23 PM
    Sleeper magnet. If you want to protect your new bb while still being able to see the screen/keyboard, buy a skin.
    11-22-07 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD