Alright, I ordered a cheap screen protector off of eBay when I first got my phone. On my screen (I'm assuming it's the same on other 8300 Curves), it has a dip in it close to the top of the screen (not sure how else to describe it so hoping someone knows what I'm talking about.) I'm getting frustrated. It has bubbles in it no matter what the heck I do. Is there a better screen protector that conforms to the dip at the top of the screen? I've looked at different ones that are a little higher but I'm confused on which one to get.

Please reassure me that I'm not nuts and my Curve isn't the only one with the "dip" too.

TIA!
    03-23-09 12:33 AM
    i think the thicker the screen protector is the better it goes on and the easier you can get the bubbles out. i got one off ebay in a package deal, and it sucked. it was kind of a generic one that was super flimsy. i ended up a device specific one later on.
    03-23-09 01:04 AM
    I cant post links but www dot bestskinsever dot com ?
    03-23-09 01:06 AM
    Not sure what the dip is that you are speakin of..... Anyhow I used the BSE (best skins ever) that goes to the top of the phone and I have no issues with it. No bubbles, perfect..
    03-23-09 01:08 AM
    First off, that is the most adorable doggie in your pic

Now, back on topic. I don't have a screen protector right now and it's bugging me lol I'm very gentle (and protective) with my phones, but I just like the added protection. I don't know about AT&T, but Verizon usually offers screen protectors that are of surprisingly good quality. Maybe take a trip to AT&T?
    If not, I would recommend the mirror screen protectors. You can find them on ebay. When the screen is black, the protector doubles as a mirror which is super handy to any girl When the screen is on, you can see everything clearly. My friend has one and I'll be ordering some soon. They're pretty cheap too
    03-23-09 02:36 AM
    I use screen protectors on all my portable electronics but all the same ones, now let me explain. I use the ones designed for PDAs, the larger sized, thick ones that you can buy at like Walmart, that's what I currently have on my Curve. I simply applied it, worked the bubbles out & ran a razor knife around the edges, it fits PERFECTLY to the screen & I know it will take some abuse because they're meant to be written on. Just throwing that idea out there for everyone.
    03-23-09 12:38 PM
    Not sure what the dip is that you are speakin of..... Anyhow I used the BSE (best skins ever) that goes to the top of the phone and I have no issues with it. No bubbles, perfect..
    Ok here's a picture of my phone and where I drew the white line in Photoshop is where the dip is. It's not really a DIP IN it's like... a dip out, so hard to explain. Just run your finger over that though, is yours like that?

Attachment 18517

Thanks for the recommendation, btw.
    03-23-09 01:28 PM
    First off, that is the most adorable doggie in your pic

Now, back on topic. I don't have a screen protector right now and it's bugging me lol I'm very gentle (and protective) with my phones, but I just like the added protection. I don't know about AT&T, but Verizon usually offers screen protectors that are of surprisingly good quality. Maybe take a trip to AT&T?
    If not, I would recommend the mirror screen protectors. You can find them on ebay. When the screen is black, the protector doubles as a mirror which is super handy to any girl When the screen is on, you can see everything clearly. My friend has one and I'll be ordering some soon. They're pretty cheap too
    Thank You, she's my baby!

I had a screen protector ordered the day I ordered my phone and wouldn't use my phone 'til I got the protectors, I'm so picky. I went to AT&T before my protectors came in the mail and all they had were the ones you had to cut yourself to fit your phone... they did the same thing.
    03-23-09 01:30 PM
    Ok here's a picture of my phone and where I drew the white line in Photoshop is where the dip is. It's not really a DIP IN it's like... a dip out, so hard to explain. Just run your finger over that though, is yours like that?

Thanks for the recommendation, btw.
    No dip or irregularity whatsoever on my screen.
    03-23-09 01:36 PM
    There is this pretty cool place in my local mall...they have tons of cool cases for blackberrys and iphones and have ivisible shields that they will install for it. i just thought that was really cool.
    03-23-09 01:42 PM
    I found one on e-bay that is used on helicopter rotor blades. Little tricky to install but works great!

Attachment 18517

Thanks for the recommendation, btw.[/QUOTE]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 01:54 PM
    I use the screen protectors that you cut, and they work pretty well for me. You may have to push the bubbles toward the edges with a credit card or your finger. The trick is not to let the protectors hang off or touch the left and right edges.
    03-23-09 02:10 PM
    I have the same little dip, might be just an ATT thing. The Verizon phone is a bit different. The LED placement is at least so the screen might differ. Anyhow when I applied my skin it is fine, no bubbles at all, it adhered fine..
    03-23-09 02:19 PM
    I have the lil dip as well and it bugs me just like you. I have had many screen protectors and none of them were to my liking. So I figure if it gets really scratched I'm just gonna buy a new lens. Good luck!

03-23-09 02:27 PM
    I use the screen protectors that you cut, and they work pretty well for me. You may have to push the bubbles toward the edges with a credit card or your finger. The trick is not to let the protectors hang off or touch the left and right edges.
    I did , I used a credit card, a squeegee that I have from a past pack of screen protectors - nothing works.
    03-23-09 02:46 PM
    I have the same little dip, might be just an ATT thing. The Verizon phone is a bit different. The LED placement is at least so the screen might differ. Anyhow when I applied my skin it is fine, no bubbles at all, it adhered fine..
    Well, I think I'm going to order the BSE one that you recommended and give it a shot because it's really starting to drive me nuts.
    03-23-09 02:47 PM
    I have the lil dip as well and it bugs me just like you. I have had many screen protectors and none of them were to my liking. So I figure if it gets really scratched I'm just gonna buy a new lens. Good luck!

See, I've thought about that too... just replacing the screen if I had to and not using the protectors. I just know as soon as I get a scratch on it, my heart will break. Have you tried the BSE protector like recommended above? I think mine has bubbles because it's a cheaper protector, I guess I'll find out though.
    03-23-09 02:49 PM
    Alright, so is it this one (the one that you have):

RIM Blackberry Curve 8300 8310 8320 Screen Skin (2 Pack)

or this one:

RIM Blackberry Curve 8300 8310 8320 Total Body Skin
    03-23-09 02:54 PM
    I have the first link the 2 pack. After reading the above post I am not sure why you folks are having issues with the dip.... I dont know if they tried a BSE but they are not all that different anyhow
    03-23-09 02:58 PM
    I have the first link the 2 pack. After reading the above post I am not sure why you folks are having issues with the dip.... I dont know if they tried a BSE but they are not all that different anyhow
    Well... it's almost like the screen protector is too thick to conform to the dip. I mean RIGHT before the dip, there's a bubble all the way across my screen... I've even tried taking it off and re-applying a brand new protector and it does the same thing. I almost thought about just cutting the top part of the protector off and not having the black BlackBerry area covered... just the screen.
    03-23-09 03:03 PM
    I understand what you are saying I am just confused why its bubbling on yours but not mine. This will be a silly question but I will ask anyhow - you did apply with a little soapy water, right?
    03-23-09 03:05 PM
    I understand what you are saying I am just confused why its bubbling on yours but not mine. This will be a silly question but I will ask anyhow - you did apply with a little soapy water, right?
    Hm... no? Was I supposed to? It didn't say to... hm. I have 1 more protector left, I could try it, any specific soap and how do I do it? I don't wanna mess my phone up. You're so helpful!
    03-23-09 03:14 PM
    Hm... no? Was I supposed to? It didn't say to... hm. I have 1 more protector left, I could try it, any specific soap and how do I do it? I don't wanna mess my phone up. You're so helpful!
    No... I dont know what skin you are applying. With a BSE you use a little bit of soapy water(other skins might have different directions) I have no idea how to apply any other skin so please do not do the water/soap thing.

BSE will tell you exactly how to do it, here are the instructions for there skins.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/applica...structions.pdf
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-23-09 at 03:23 PM.
    03-23-09 03:19 PM
    For the BSE any good dish soap works well. I have put about 50 of these on various electronics for clients and friends, and they perform as well as anything made. Also make suire to let them set up for 24-48 hours.

03-23-09 03:21 PM
    See, I've thought about that too... just replacing the screen if I had to and not using the protectors. I just know as soon as I get a scratch on it, my heart will break. Have you tried the BSE protector like recommended above? I think mine has bubbles because it's a cheaper protector, I guess I'll find out though.
    I have not tried BSE because I got too frustrated to keep trying. I hear good things though so maybe it will defeat our nefarious dip. LoL
    03-23-09 04:32 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD