Hey everyone,

I own a curve 8330 for Verizon, and the lens has cracked. The LCD is not damaged at all, just the lens covering it. I ordered a new lens but have no idea how to install it.

If anyone knows how to install this on a Verizon Curve 8330 (its different than the 8300), please let me know.

Or, if anyone knows of any good places in Arizona (preferably Scottsdale Phoenix) that does this repair, that would be great!

Thanks,

Jeff
    09-24-08 10:56 PM
    get a knife or something flat and just pop it out.. or you can take the whole faceplate off and push it out from behind. Popping it out is easier. the new lens should come with adhesive put that on the edges of the new lens and put it back on the phone.. very easy. if it dosent have adhesive with it.. which they forgot to include with mine use just a little tiny drop of nai polish on the corners. not where any holes are. Good thing about nail glue is it will keep it in place but when it dries it is easy to take off when you want to change it again.
    09-24-08 10:59 PM
    use just a little tiny drop of nai polish on the corners. not where any holes are. Good thing about nail glue is it will keep it in place but when it dries it is easy to take off when you want to change it again.
    Sorry tae but this is bad advice. Most nail glue contains cyanoacrylate ester,
    (the same stuff that is Krazy Glue, I don't know why I know this) which does
    not react well with plastic. Better idea would be Scotch permanent
    double sided tape if the adhesive is not included
    09-24-08 11:11 PM
    Sorry tae but this is bad advice. Most nail glue contains cyanoacrylate ester,
    (the same stuff that is Krazy Glue, I don't know why I know this) which does
    not react well with plastic. Better idea would be Scotch permanent
    double sided tape if the adhesive is not included
    i stand corrected..lol.. thanks ag
    09-24-08 11:14 PM
    Okay but is the lens on the 8330 the same as the 8300 model.

On the 8300 model the LED light is on top where as on my 8330 model the LED light is actually located on the lens itself.

I don't want to take my lens off and find out that the LED is connected to it.

Is removing the lens from my model still safe to do myself?
    09-25-08 02:09 PM
    THe led is not connected to the lens. the led is in the phone. It is safe to remove the lens.
    09-25-08 02:11 PM
    Have a look at this on YouTube. It shows how to take apart your phone. There was not one (that I found) for the 8330.

If you need parts then Cellular Accessories - Microsoft, NEC, SonyEricsson, Dopod/O2, Mobiado, BenQ-Siemens, Apple, Acer, Noki have loads.

When my hone needed repair I sent it to BlackBerry Repair Shop - A full line of RIM BlackBerry repair services and BlackBerry parts for all BlackBerry handheld devices who did a good jo with a 24 hour turn round.
    Last edited by Pete6; 09-25-08 at 02:51 PM.
    09-25-08 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD