Is it possible to save Word/Excel files to the Blackberry? I can view the files but can not save them either to the device or the card.

Thanks.

BTW, I am a Verizon customer.
    09-10-08 06:39 PM
    OS4.5 (not yet officially released for your device) will include Docs-to-Go, which will allow you to save word, ppt, and excel files on a microSD card. eOffice is an alternative solution that's available now. You can also copy the files from your computer to a microSD card using Mass Storage Mode.
    09-10-08 08:24 PM
    Yes, it's possible. I am also on Verizon using a 8330.

Have you tried a reset? I save mine to the Media card, I have not attempted to save to the device.

Also, FWIW, I am running OS 4.5.0.77. I don't know whether that would make a difference?
    09-10-08 08:27 PM
    OS4.5 (not yet officially released for your device) will include Docs-to-Go, which will allow you to save word, ppt, and excel files on a microSD card. eOffice is an alternative solution that's available now. You can also copy the files from your computer to a microSD card using Mass Storage Mode.

JeffH - I just assumed he already had Docs-to-Go because he was viewing them. Is it possible to view these files without D2G? I never tried.
    09-10-08 08:29 PM
    JeffH - I just assumed he already had Docs-to-Go because he was viewing them. Is it possible to view these files without D2G? I never tried.
    Yes, it's possible to view attachments with any OS version, as long as you have the BlackBerry Attachment Service loaded as part of your OS. I assumed the OP was viewing attachments and wanted to view them separately from the email. The original question is ambiguous. Attachments can be saved with their original email in device memory, and viewed there. Attachments cannot be saved to a media card, or viewed separately from an email without either eOffice (available for OS4.2) or Docs-to-Go (available in OS4.5, not yet officially released for his device).
    09-10-08 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD