I want to know if this is an isolated case or has anyone else has experienced the same problem as the following:

My BB 8330 after a while without me doing anything faults back to saving all my pictures on my device memory rather than my media card. Every time I go to take a photo I have to go into options to make sure I check off media card and not device memory. Here is what I have done so far.

1) I have check off media card in the options as I stated above and clicked on save.
    2) I pulled the battery.
    3) I checked if I had enough memory on the card and I do.

I for the life of me can't figure out why this 8330 keeps on defaulting to device memory. I am about to toss it out on the highway. Can someone tell me if they had encounter the same problem and what if anything you did to fix it?

Thank You,

Androdamas
    Last edited by androdamas; 09-08-08 at 04:38 PM.
    09-08-08 04:36 PM
    Are you sure you saved the change? If you don't save the options after you change it to save to the media card, it will discard the changes.
    09-08-08 04:46 PM
    This is what the mystery is all about, I realized if I just make the changes without clicking on saving the options then it will default back to device memory, so that is why I was so careful to remember to click on save changes.

Androdamas
    09-08-08 04:52 PM
    Just wondering if you changed your OS. I am using the 4.3 OS and havent had any problems.
    09-08-08 04:53 PM
    I haven't experienced that yet. I hope you can get it figured out soon.
    09-08-08 05:13 PM
    My 8330 came with the 4.3 OS and I haven't upgraded. I upgraded on my last BB 8330 and that was a tragedy. I didn't like the new 4.5, it had a lot of bugs in it. Anyhow, I think I am looking at a new phone, for I did everything.

Thanks,

Androdamas
    09-08-08 05:39 PM
    Yeah seems really weird, well good luck.
    09-08-08 06:12 PM
    i got my bb maybe 2 weeks ago. this started happening the first day. i couldn't save ANY changes though, not just photo changes or storage changes. he switched it out the first day i got it. i have sprint.
    09-08-08 06:47 PM
    I've had the 8330 for about a little over a week now and that happened to me a couple days ago. I just checked it now and it's still on media card but how weird.
    09-08-08 09:07 PM
    I want to know if this is an isolated case or has anyone else has experienced the same problem as the following:

My BB 8330 after a while without me doing anything faults back to saving all my pictures on my device memory rather than my media card. Every time I go to take a photo I have to go into options to make sure I check off media card and not device memory. Here is what I have done so far.

1) I have check off media card in the options as I stated above and clicked on save.
    2) I pulled the battery.
    3) I checked if I had enough memory on the card and I do.

I for the life of me can't figure out why this 8330 keeps on defaulting to device memory. I am about to toss it out on the highway. Can someone tell me if they had encounter the same problem and what if anything you did to fix it?

Thank You,

Androdamas
    I had the same problem trying to change it to save on memory card what I found out is that everytime I try to change it to a different directory other than the blackberry/pictures folder it reverts back to being saved on the device but wen I changed it to being saved in the memorycard in blackberry/pictures it actually worked and stopped changin from memory card to device. Now its jus stck on memorycard going to the blackberry/pictures folder

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 09:28 PM
    This has happened several times to me as well. If it says 200+ then I know it is saving to the Media Card. If 019, then I need to change it. No biggie, just a bit annoying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 09:55 PM
    Help! I love my BB, but the camera is giving me a headache. For the first 4-6 weeks photos were automatically saved in my user folder. Now the device wants to save them in the Memory/samples/pictures/file....In the process, I lost all of my saved pictures and have to take several steps to save any new photos.

I take the picture.
    I cancel the action
    I scroll to and select folders
    I save in user memory

Before this problem photos were automatically saved in my user folder.

Help!
    10-01-08 10:58 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

It seems there is a bug in the v4.3xx OS used on the 8330. Every time you restart the device, it will revert back to saving pictures in device memory.

I have seen reports indicating the bug has been corrected in v4.5xx.
    10-01-08 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD