I have done a few searches but didn't see any resloution to the call quality issue.

My roommate and I each have the Curve, which we have had for months now. The quality of the calls of the two phones are completely different. His phone has a lot of static, sounds like the ocean, and very makes very loud cracks which usually he doesn't hear but everyone else does. Some of the sounds he does hear on his end, but not always. It also doesn't matter who he is talking to whether on a land-line, other cell phone, or blackberry...it's all the same.

There really seems to be no reason for it. Signal strength is always good, and when At&t tests it they find no issue with the signal. We actually live by a cell tower and my phone is fine and his is not. At&t hasn't helped either for the technical support has had no solution that has worked. Their solution everytime after spending an hour or more on the phone is to send out a new one. He is now on his third phone, but the problem is still there.

My phone does have a low hiss from time to time. Never really bugs me, but that shouldn't happen either....that's another issue.

Any words of wisdom? Thanks.
    12-08-07 08:54 PM
    While visiting San Diego a few times I have noticed static in certain areas. My BB is a model 8310 Curve. A friend of mine just got the same unit and lives in San Diego and is having constant issues with static, AT&T says the network is fine and the signal strength is good. Need to also add: she is not getting a full call log at times and voice mail notifications are not popping up when they should, (the next day for example)
    01-24-08 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD