As much as i hate to give chineese anything, are the parts on cnn.cn legit blackberry parts or fakes. If so, are they shipped from china or somewhere else?
    01-27-09 08:37 AM
    Its perfectly safe to order from cnn, I've bought from them a couple of times. The parts do ship from there so it does take a bit for delivery.
    01-27-09 08:38 AM
    I have never ordered from them but I did hear their shipment takes a long like 3 weeks since it comes from Hong Kong..Hope this helps
    01-27-09 08:44 AM
    I paid the extra money to have it shipped in 4 days. They shipped it out this past Friday and it landed in Connecticut on Saturday, but of course I only paid FedEx for 4 day delivery so they didn't bring it until yesterday. The company was a pleasure to deal with, but my faceplate doesn't fit properly. The clip along the left doesn't "lock" in and pops out. I tried to tighten the screws a bit more to combat the issue and ended up breaking one. I've got an email into them now, if they don't do anything about it AMEX will anyways. Aside from that though everything is quality, even the faceplate. I'm just not sure what's not making it fit right, my OEM one went back on without a problem. Also the black trackball is sexy.
    01-27-09 08:46 AM
    Eh, i guess i'll stick with the stock bb. Anyone know of anyother sites/company's OUTSIDE of the monster known as china?
    01-27-09 08:51 AM
    They are a legit site, i recommend bumping up the shipping to Fed Ex. It says 4 day delivery, but it comes in 2 days for me everytime...
    01-27-09 08:52 AM
    I have ordered from CNN a few times. I used the economy shipping and it only took about a week to arrive from Hong Kong to Europe
    01-27-09 08:54 AM
    i hope its safe, i orded one of those black trackballs for my BB.
    01-27-09 09:13 AM
    Yeah, I've never heard of anyone having an issue with them.

And it doesn't really matter where you order from; chances are the manufacturing was outsourced to China anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 09:20 AM
    i know but don't you hate that? EVERYTHING is outsourced that seriously pisses me off. But anyhoo, i was thinking of ordering a black trackball for my curve. Does anyone already have it? Does it fit perfectly?
    01-27-09 09:23 AM
    The G1 uses the same trackball mechanism as the Pearl and the Curve.

01-27-09 09:24 AM
    I've never had an issue and I agree with SD to go with the 4 day shipping. I've always gotten my orders in 2 days
    01-27-09 09:25 AM
    I have not bought from them myself but I know someone who have swapped curve housing from cnn. Looks nice and it definitely seems oem.

And it seems like you have a strong dislike towards chinese goods

*just a though, no intention of starting a political debate*
    01-27-09 09:53 AM
    CNN.cn is by far the best place to order OEM blackberry parts. They are located in Hong Kong, so the shipping takes a little while, but you will not find anywhere that has a better selection of real BlackBerry parts than cnn.cn.

I have ordered from them a couple times now, and will definetly do business again.
    01-27-09 10:41 AM
    I have the black trackball from them. Just got it yesterday. Fits perfectly and looks great. I used the cheap shipping and still got it in about a week. No problems at all.

01-27-09 11:10 AM
    Hong Kong is kinda not...... China. They are pretty much sovereign and govern themselves, and operate a capitalist type economy.

Just thought maybe you'd like to learn a little, because Hong Kong != China. It was a dependent territory of the United Kingdom until 1997 in fact.

I fully support your choice to only buy American, and share your sentiment. I won't even dare buy a foreign car. But at the same time, you have to realize this stuff is likely all made in China anyway, probably not so much in Hong Kong. So somehow your money is going there irregardless.

If you can find a US supplier that has what you want, for a reasonable price, by all means. I have indeed purchased from cnn.cn as well, and had no trouble. My new case, keyboard/trackballl all appeared to be OEM (as I'm no expert, I can't guarantee they are, but fit and finish were purfect), and was overall happy with my purchase.
    01-27-09 11:46 AM
    I've ordered from there twice now. The first time was fine. The second time however, the package never came. I'm currently trying to get a refund or replacement parts...hope it gets resolved soon.

01-27-09 12:53 PM
    thats another thing im afraid off..
    another question does anybody know of an American supplier of this stuff?

*moderator, can this be moved to the general discussion forum please?
    01-27-09 01:51 PM
    Just don't eat it and you will be fine.
    01-27-09 01:59 PM
    dont eat what?
    01-27-09 02:07 PM
    I have never ordered from them, but I have been on this forum for quite awhile and I have never heard of any kind of problems from them They have always been recommended by users.
    01-27-09 02:09 PM
    They are legit. I ordered twice from them and have been pleased. However, one of those orders was kind of bad:

I ordered the full black housing for the 8330 and when it arrived, the glass screen had magically come unglued in a corner. I contacted them and they sent a replacement free of charge.

Go for it!
    01-27-09 02:36 PM
    As much as i hate to give chineese anything, are the parts on cnn.cn legit blackberry parts or fakes. If so, are they shipped from china or somewhere else?
    First, the correct spelling is Chinese not chineese. "Rich", I guess, does not
    translate to educated.

Second, the site is completely legit and offers good products at a good price.
    01-27-09 02:59 PM
    I just ordered the black trackball as well from cnn.cn, cant wait to fit it on to my BB Curve.
    01-27-09 03:10 PM
    i didn't ask you to correct my spelling nor did i ask you to comment on previous threads.
    Question number two-where do you get full black housing for 8310?? i can't find it anywhere on cnn.cn except for the 8330 black housing? would this work?
    01-27-09 05:43 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD