On the invisible shield website it looks like there are pieces that cover the black rubber, while on the bestskinever website it looks like only covers back front (including screen).

My question is for those of you who chose to use bestskinever does the black rubber degrade over time?

For those of you who chose invisible shield does the skin stick to the rubber pieces well (if there are pieces for the rubber) and do they look wierd with the skin on the rubber.

Thanks for all the help.
    04-01-08 09:27 PM
    i have the bestskinever. i don't like but it could be my fault i can't get the bubbles out and that bugs the **** out of me. i would like to try the invisible shield.
    04-01-08 09:51 PM
    Just ordered from Best Skin. Will let you know then....
    04-01-08 10:37 PM
    I'll be installing Bestskinsever on my curve tonight. Will let you know then...
    04-01-08 11:23 PM
    There tends to be more bubbles with the BSE.

That's the main difference.

The solution is also included in the Shields. Shields are thicker and usually cover more surface areas as well. The iPhone, the corners weren't covered with BSE, but with the Shield, they were. With the Curve, like you said with the rubberized. I haven't tried the shield for the curve yet.
    04-01-08 11:59 PM
    Are these shields connected to a case cover or sold individually? And why is it hard to find a case with a protected screen cover?
    04-02-08 12:02 AM
    I have a BSE on my Pearl...no bubbles....protects my Pearl wonderfully!

You have to use a credit card slightly damp (to prevent sticking) and I used a blowdryer on a LOW, Warm/Cool setting to help "set" the BSE faster and it helped the bubbles work their way out.
    04-02-08 12:27 AM
    do the sides on the cuve (rubber) scratch or chip.
    04-02-08 07:26 PM
    i have a skin on my curve...you should do the same if you are worried about the sides scratching or chipping.
    04-02-08 07:55 PM
    I have Invisible Shield and it covers only the screen. I have no problems with it. It took two tries for me to get it lined up correctly but it was easy.
    04-02-08 08:25 PM
    I have had the BSE for a couple of months now with no problems. My rubber edges are fine and I managed to install it with no bubbles. It took some time and patience, but it looks goods and works great.
    04-02-08 08:42 PM
    Invisibleskin does have pieces that cover the rubber, and there is no problem with them sticking. With the application of the strips the rubber pieces take on a shiny appearence. Personally, I think it looks pretty good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-08 09:57 PM
    I've tried both invisible shield and BSE, I prefer invisible shield over BSE. Reason being, cut is more precise, type of adhesive used does not collect dust on the outer edges of the skin, can handle more abuse and also because of lifetime warranty. I ordered a set for my gf and getting a new one as a replacement.
    04-02-08 10:59 PM
    I just ordered 6 different BSE skins, for all my toys! lol
    04-02-08 11:03 PM
    6? Wow! Lol
    04-02-08 11:10 PM
    I have a bse and my only complaint so far is that the oem holster now creates four brown lines on the screen when it slides in and out. I haven't found a way to remove these "skid marks." May try the skin next when it gets so bad I can't take it anymore.

04-05-08 09:17 AM
    6? Wow! Lol
    CJ is ballin' ! Lol. Get me one CJ!
    04-05-08 09:26 AM
    I have a bse and my only complaint so far is that the oem holster now creates four brown lines on the screen when it slides in and out. I haven't found a way to remove these "skid marks." May try the skin next when it gets so bad I can't take it anymore.

I had the exact same issue as you with BSE, except the skid marks were on the battery cover not the screen as you mentioned. I have tried using isopropyl alcohol and it just ended up making the skin loose its shine and thats why i switched to invisible shield and haven't had anymore skid marks since.
    04-05-08 09:34 AM
    Are these shields connected to a case cover or sold individually? And why is it hard to find a case with a protected screen cover?
    Go to T-Mobile, they have hard cases that cover the skin. BSE and Invisi-Shield are plastic pieces that stick to your phone and covers it. They are not connected to a case.
    04-05-08 09:50 AM
    I had the exact same issue as you with BSE, except the skid marks were on the battery cover not the screen as you mentioned. I have tried using isopropyl alcohol and it just ended up making the skin loose its shine and thats why i switched to invisible shield and haven't had anymore skid marks since.
    Lol @ skid marks. I started believing that this was normal. Mine "skid" mark is on the battery cover as well, on the left side just a little bit under the half way mark of the cover is the where it gets really bad.
    04-05-08 10:02 AM
    Hubs put the invisible shield on my bb last night because he has way more patience than I do I am experiencing withdrawal symptoms. '

lol
    04-05-08 01:19 PM
    Do you guys not realize that both co.s use the exact same product?? One would choose one company over the other if he valued the lifetime guarantee of invis. And one company's skin DOES NOT result in more bubbles than the other, you guys are just applying the skin POORLY! I've bought from both places and have perfected applying shields. They're the exact same material with the possibility of a different cut pattern.
    04-05-08 03:27 PM
    I've tried both invisible shield and BSE, I prefer invisible shield over BSE. Reason being, cut is more precise, type of adhesive used does not collect dust on the outer edges of the skin, can handle more abuse and also because of lifetime warranty. I ordered a set for my gf and getting a new one as a replacement.

are you getting a new one as a replacement because the old one got damaged? if so, how long did it take before that happened?
    04-05-08 03:35 PM
    Go to T-Mobile, they have hard cases that cover the skin. BSE and Invisi-Shield are plastic pieces that stick to your phone and covers it. They are not connected to a case.
    I meant SCREEN. And they're only $10 each. Got me two: blue and pink.

Do you guys not realize that both co.s use the exact same product?? One would choose one company over the other if he valued the lifetime guarantee of invis. And one company's skin DOES NOT result in more bubbles than the other, you guys are just applying the skin POORLY! I've bought from both places and have perfected applying shields. They're the exact same material with the possibility of a different cut pattern.
    I totally agree with mettleh3d. I put the BSE skins on my ipod, curve and my lil bro's PSP and they look great! No bubbles whatsoever, the skin lined up perfectly.

04-05-08 04:59 PM
    are you getting a new one as a replacement because the old one got damaged? if so, how long did it take before that happened?
    On my first post when i said that I'm ordering another one as a replacement I meant when i had the skid marks on the BSE, took that off and ordered 2 sets of invisble shield for myself and one for my gf. As of the lifetime warranty for relacement of the skins, i believe you would have to send your old skin back and upon inspection they would send you the new skin and would charge just shipping.
    04-05-08 07:30 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD