Alright I thought I'd be nice and update my wife's curve to os 4.5, but the next day she noticed all her contacts, settings, and ringtones were gone. Well I figured I would just "undo" the upgrade by downgrading to the previous os, but in doing this I overwrote the backup file created by the download. Yeah I found out about the backup file after I had already started the download of earlier os, it was too late to stop anything.

Basically I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with this at all. She doesn't know anybody's contact info to input into her phone, so getting that backup file back is , I think, our only shot. tried system restore, didn't work. Tried 2 different file locating downloads, neither worked. I download ABC to access the ipd file, but it was the one with no information on it.

The os download was on blackberry's website if it helps any. Please help, I've put at least 3 hours into trying to fix this and have come up empty handed...ahhhh!!!!!!
    11-20-09 11:11 PM
    Opps...

If I understand correctly, you used the BlackBerry site for the upgrade. The upgrade appeared to proceed normaly, but you later noted the absense of data. The next day, you attempted to repair the OS.

If that is correct, you may be in luck. The Backup file (IPD) is created with the syntax LoaderBackup-(date).IPD.

If you allowed a day to elapse, the original backup file should still be present on your computer.

The file is saved in your Documents directory.
    11-21-09 10:17 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I found the backup file, but it was blank. I think the original was overwritten when I tried to download the old os. Whatever happened, I can't find the ipd file that actually has the old information on it. She's already gone through and re-entered everything, well almost everything.

Thanks again for the reply.
    11-23-09 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD