Ok, perhaps this is just my mind, but it seems ever since I installed my new SDHC card today, my phone is running a little slower. Would these two things be related at all? It's not even things that rely on the card. For example, opening Google Maps was always very fast. The progress/load bar would pretty much shoot across to 100%, but now it's going 10, 20, 40, etc. and taking longer.

Is it just me???
    07-31-08 08:41 PM
    If you put a lot of music on your card, you may be experiencing an indexing delay. Here is one thread I found by searching the site: http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/813...gb-sdhc-49977/

There are other threads as well, but this one will get you started.
    Last edited by JeffH; 07-31-08 at 09:10 PM. Reason: typo
    07-31-08 09:10 PM
    i'm not sure why google maps would load slower - unless you were using your media player in the background maybe (i'm not a genius at this). but, i can definitely attest to the fact that a card loaded with music takes a long time to index
    but it's worth it!
    Last edited by bexx; 07-31-08 at 09:21 PM.
    07-31-08 09:18 PM
    Hmm, interesting that I'm not the first to say this. But the first thing I did after loading up the card (about 3GB worth of songs) was to go to my music player and let the songs index, so that process should be done as far as I know.

I don't understand why other apps would load slower because you have stuff on your SD card. I'm not sure I believe that, despite the fact that I'm the one asking about it! It just doesn't seem reasonable!
    07-31-08 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD