Hello all,
    i just got my new curve. love it! don't know what i did without it!
    i just put in a 2GB card. of which i don't have much on it yet.
    but i've just noticed that its running slow. when i leave my phone, the screen goes on standby. and when i get a call or when i just want to access the home screen, it takes awhile to process. the hourglass comes on and takes awhile to process anything. sometimes i even miss calls because of it trying to proces. any ideas on why its slow? its just a month old.

i have another question regarding the smartone-vodafone. does that give you free access to the internet? i'm confused as what its for. i don't subscribe to my t-mobile web service...i just have the email service. so would i have to subscribe to the web access and then use the vodafone as a broswer??kind of like using internet explorer??

thank you so much!!
    Last edited by hinachan; 12-02-07 at 02:43 PM. Reason: forgot to add notification
    12-02-07 02:27 PM
    if anyone can help me that would be great....
    my curve is still running slow....
    and i can't answer calls because it stalls trying to process.

thank you....
    12-05-07 12:21 AM
    Do a battery pull
    12-05-07 08:17 AM
    Do you have a lot of applications running? Like do you always choose 'close' on the menu of an app to exit? If not, press your blackberry button (left of trackball) and you should see a menu item for switch application. If there are a lot of apps there, go into each one and close them out properly. I'm guessing your device is overloaded with running programs. There will be a handful of programs that wont ever close, like the mail, browser, home screen, etc.. but the others you need to close out.
    12-05-07 08:28 AM
    thank you for your responses. i've done the battery pull and also tried turining it off also. but still, i have it on the homescreen...and if it goes on standby where the screen goes out (but blackberry is still on), if a call comes in, i press the answer button, but it takes a long time to kick in. then by that time, it takes the caller to the voicemail. because its ringed for so long waiting for it to process.

any more suggestions??? sorry.....i'm just trying to get a hold on this...because i'm loosing important calls.

thank you sooo much!!
    12-06-07 12:26 AM
    Do you have a lot of applications running? Like do you always choose 'close' on the menu of an app to exit? If not, press your blackberry button (left of trackball) and you should see a menu item for switch application. If there are a lot of apps there, go into each one and close them out properly. I'm guessing your device is overloaded with running programs. There will be a handful of programs that wont ever close, like the mail, browser, home screen, etc.. but the others you need to close out.
    HOLY MOLEY! Thanks! I was wondering why my poor phone was going so slow!
    02-03-09 06:17 PM
    pgregory- I know this is an old post but I just got a blackberry and was wondering why it started running slow. After reading this blog I checked the open applications and I had 6 that I didnt realize were open! Your info was very helpful!
    12-04-09 11:17 AM
    Yea, thing is, I went in to "switch application", into each one, pressed "Close", went back, and they are still open. I can't understand why any of them would still be "open" if you manually "close them". I'm all for multitasking, but if multitasking results in apps that refuse to close as you open and use new ones, them multitasking isn't very useful, is it?
    04-26-10 11:07 AM
    Thanks I have the same problem & this thread helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 07:46 AM
    this was a big help, thanks
    05-03-10 06:23 PM
    Another thing to try is removing the SD card. It took me upwards of 5 min to retain control over my 8850 device after sending a SMS, about half that to open one. Once I removed my SD card and cleared my log it ran slow for about another ten minutes, though now it is running like a charm.
    05-10-10 04:10 PM
    You can also try this: Verizon rep told me how to do this:

Hold down your "alt" key and at the same time, hit L,G,L,G
    A screen will come up with a bunch of garbage on it.
    Push your Blackberry Button and then scroll down and click on OPTIONS.
    You will see in the top right corner WARNING and this will be highlighted in BLACK
    Hit your ball and move down to Debug Info, hit your scroll ball again. Debug Info will now be at the top.
    Hit your Blackberry button again and chose SAVE.
    Hit your Blackberry button again and chose "Clear Log"
    You will get a box that says "Verify deletion of Event Log" chose "DELETE"
    You will see your log go blank.
    Now, hit your Blackberry button again>Options. You will now see Debug Info at the top.
    Hit your ball and scroll back up and chose WARNING.
    Blackberry button again>SAVE> and then you can hit "return" which is to the right of the ball to return to the menu.

When you use your phone a lot and with apps such as the Facebook and so forth, your phone logs all this stuff just like your computer does. Every once in a while, this has to be cleared out as it will "bog" your phone down. I do mine about once every two weeks. Once you do it a few times, you can do it in 30 seconds or so.
    LittleManScott and Minders85 like this.
    05-11-10 02:26 PM
    thanks for the fix, just worked for my bb 8900. The battery pulls did not work a bit in my case.
    05-22-10 03:08 PM
    OMG, this is so simple to do, and I've been hunting for solution for such a long time without success! Thanks for the tip! BTW I'm on AT&T Bold 9700 and it works just as well...

You can also try this: Verizon rep told me how to do this:

Hold down your "alt" key and at the same time, hit L,G,L,G
    A screen will come up with a bunch of garbage on it.
    Push your Blackberry Button and then scroll down and click on OPTIONS.
    You will see in the top right corner WARNING and this will be highlighted in BLACK
    Hit your ball and move down to Debug Info, hit your scroll ball again. Debug Info will now be at the top.
    Hit your Blackberry button again and chose SAVE.
    Hit your Blackberry button again and chose "Clear Log"
    You will get a box that says "Verify deletion of Event Log" chose "DELETE"
    You will see your log go blank.
    Now, hit your Blackberry button again>Options. You will now see Debug Info at the top.
    Hit your ball and scroll back up and chose WARNING.
    Blackberry button again>SAVE> and then you can hit "return" which is to the right of the ball to return to the menu.

When you use your phone a lot and with apps such as the Facebook and so forth, your phone logs all this stuff just like your computer does. Every once in a while, this has to be cleared out as it will "bog" your phone down. I do mine about once every two weeks. Once you do it a few times, you can do it in 30 seconds or so.
    09-01-10 01:15 PM
    FYI, there is a app called 'logMaid' which is only 2k in size, it will clear your Event Log every hour and runs in the background.
    Last edited by jbarbero; 09-01-10 at 02:34 PM.
    09-01-10 02:32 PM
    on my bb bold 9000... i don't see where it says 'debug info' .. it just shows a list of weird looking things.. if i press 'clear log' it won't delete anything that will brick the phone right ?
    09-06-10 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD