I ordered this rubber housing off ebay and just got it in. Wanted to share some pics and thoughts on it for those interested.

RUBBER BLACK BLACKBERRY CURVE 8320 FULL HOUSING+BALL - eBay (item 120402030636 end time May-04-09 21:07:11 PDT)

This came with everything but the electronics in the phone, so I thought it was a good deal. The only thing I noticed missing was a new clear insert that covers the blinking LED light, but I just used the one from my old faceplate. There is also a slight fitment problem you can see in one of the pics at the bottom of the phone. Other than that, it fits very well.

I also picked up the Seido rubber battery cover. The battery cover that came with the housing appears to just be stock black cover because it is shiny and not the same texture as the rest of the housing.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the purchase. I like the feel of the phone as well as the look. I wish it came with a black trackball ring, but the silver doesn't look too bad.

Check out some pics, the Seido cover matches matches very well with the rest of the housing.
    05-03-09 10:28 PM
    Looks good, except the bottom cover, as mentioned. Are you sure you can't reseat the bottom cover? It looks like it isn't properly snapped in to the tabs that hold it in place.

It's strange that the housing is complete, and it doesn't come with the rubberized battery door.
    05-03-09 10:41 PM
    Yeah I think I see what's keeping it from snapping completely together, just haven't had the chance to take it apart again.

Looking at the auction more closely, you can kind of tell that the battery door is not rubberized. Oh well, I wanted the Seido cover for the speaker cutout anyway. I'll probably try to sell the other one or something.
    05-04-09 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD