My Desktop Manager seems to be working fine it's just that when I click on the Media Manager I will get the Roxio Media start up screen that will freeze and a "DOA error message". The program never goes through it just freezes up. Any suggestions also when you installed desktop manager what were the settings used ?
    01-14-08 10:49 PM
    While we're on the topic of Roxio here, does anyone know of an alternative to Roxio media manager? I'd prefer something that is more lightweight since I have an older desktop.
    01-14-08 11:49 PM
    My Desktop Manager seems to be working fine it's just that when I click on the Media Manager I will get the Roxio Media start up screen that will freeze and a "DOA error message". The program never goes through it just freezes up. Any suggestions also when you installed desktop manager what were the settings used ?
    In short, there is no fix. Roxio knows this. RIM knows this. Carriers know this. Here is the short, quick, dirty fix for this:

Uninstall Desktop Manager, and download the latest version that had Media Manager not bundled with it. That, is basically, their answer.
    01-15-08 12:35 AM
    While we're on the topic of Roxio here, does anyone know of an alternative to Roxio media manager? I'd prefer something that is more lightweight since I have an older desktop.
    It's going to depend on what you need to do. If you need to transfer media files, all you really need to do is enable 'mass storage' and drag and drop. However, if you need to convert files, do a google for something other than Roxio.
    01-15-08 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD