HI - I love my new Crackberry Curve which I have set up through an enterprise server at the university I work at. When I downloaded the desktop software there - no problems.

Loading the software at home I cannot run Roxio. The program starts to look to configure DAO, then gives a message looking for path to DAO.msi, quickly gives an error message 1766, trys to load and unload a few times and eventually loads Roxio cover screen and freezes dead. Have searched hard drive and cd for file but not found. Help!

Thanks, Mitch
    09-08-07 10:44 AM
    Try an uninstall and reinstall. But, remember, when installing Desktop Manager to use the BIS option, even thought you're on a BES. Unless, of course the pc you're trying to install it on is directly connected to the DOMAIN where BES is...
    09-08-07 11:20 AM
    I did as you suggested and still am getting the same error - no valid source code found error number 1706. Also looks to a path which is a temp location. Any other suggestions? - Mitch
    Last edited by psymls; 09-08-07 at 12:16 PM.
    09-08-07 11:57 AM
    I did as you suggested and still am getting the same error - no valid source code found error number 1706. Also looks to a path which is a temp location. Any other suggestions? - Mitch
    I had the exact same issue. A fix was posted in the roxio community forums on how to fix the problem which worked for me.

Go to START/RUN then copy and paste:

regsvr32 /u "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\dao\dao360.dll"

Go to START/RUN then copy and paste:

regsvr32 "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\dao\dao360.dll"

This unregisters and then re-registers the program on the windows registry which solves the dao.msi error.

Hope this helps.
    09-08-07 06:14 PM
    The unregister - reregister fix worked! Thanks so much - Mitch
    09-12-07 11:03 PM
    The unregister - reregister fix worked! Thanks so much - Mitch
    Awesome! You're welcome.
    09-13-07 02:20 AM
    Hey How do i get tunes on to my media card

Roxio says cannot fond card or that there is error. Also when i try to take pictures of my phone i can t find any on my card???

HELP!!!!!!!!
    09-16-07 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD