On Saturday night I did a stupid thing. My friend and I were leaving a restaurant and I put my bb and wallet on top of her car. My hands were full, and well needless to say I killed my bb. Thankfully, I found my wallet on the side of the road, and the bb hung on for about a mile (it had a skin on it) Luckily, I do have insurance on it. I took it to TMobile yesterday, and ironically the Tmo guy saw us on the side of the road Saturday night. Anyway, he said that I would have to go through the insurance since the screen was cracked. I only had my bb for 2 months so I was still learning. I have a few questions about my bb..

1. My bb had a couple of scratches on the screen. I want a screen protector I just dont know who to go through. I know there is Besk Skins Ever, but I want to say there is another well known company, but I cannot think of the name. Does anyone know what its called? And, which one is better?

2. Thinking about what apps I had on my phone, one of them was Opera Mini. But I remember having to put in something like wap.voicestream?? I dont know remember where I did that, and I dont remember what all I put in it.

3. I had a weather app on my phone and I got it off a link here on crackberry. I loved it! The problem is I dont remember what it was called. The icon would change along with the weather. Does anyone know?

4. In the midst of all this mayhem I think I convinced my friend into buying a bb. She had one question that I wasnt too sure on the answer. She has a mac. Does the desktop manager work on a mac?

TIA for all the answers!
    Last edited by yostef; 05-19-08 at 11:28 AM.
    05-19-08 11:00 AM
    On Saturday night I did a stupid thing. My friend and I were leaving a restaurant and I put my bb and wallet on top of her car. My hands were full, and well needless to say I killed my bb. Thankfully, I found my wallet on the side of the road, and the bb hung on for about a mile (it had a skin on it) Luckily, I do have insurance on it. I took it to TMobile yesterday, and ironically the Tmo guy saw us on the side of the road Saturday night. Anyway, he said that I would have to go through the insurance since the screen was cracked. I only had my bb for 2 months so I was still learning. I have a few questions about my bb..

1. My bb had a couple of scratches on the screen. I want a screen protector I just dont know who to go through. I know there is Besk Skins Ever, but I want to say there is another well known company, but I cannot think of the name. Does anyone know what its called? And, which one is better?
    Invisible Shield http://www.zagg.com/?id=8. I have only ever used the BSE product but I am told that they are both the same plastic and that the IS product is more expensive but comes with an 'applicator liquid'.

2. Thinking about what apps I had on my phone, one of them was Opera Mini. But I remember having to put in something like wap.voicestream?? I dont know remember where I did that, and I dont remember what all I put in it.
    You are thinking of the APN settin. Goto Options, Advanced Options, TCP. Look here http://www.operamini.com/help/connect/ for the settings for T-Mobile.

3. I had a weather app on my phone and I got it off a link here on crackberry. I loved it! The problem is I dont remember what it was called. The icon would change along with the weather. Does anyone know?
    Sorry, I don't but someone will

4. In the midst of all this mayhem I think I convinced my friend into buying a bb. She had one question that I wasnt too sure on the answer. She has a mac. Does the desktop manager work on a mac?
    Yes - sorta. RIM are going to release a version of Desktop Manager sometime. There are 2 products that work Blackberry <-> Mac but not as well as on the PC.

TIA for all the answers!
    Sorry you had the mishap in the first place but lucky you had insurance.
    05-19-08 11:33 AM
    My sympathies.
    05-19-08 11:37 AM
    Options > Advanced Options > TCP. APN: wap.voicestream.com. Leave both the user and pass blank.
    No but she can try PocketMac which is available to download from blackberry.com.
    05-19-08 11:40 AM
    PocketMac & Missing Sync work well with Macs.

Sorry about the accident but glad you have insurance!
    05-19-08 11:41 AM
    The weather app is weathereye.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-08 11:51 AM
    InvisibleShield FTW! I have the full body shield on my Curve. I plan on getting one for my PSP and my iPod too.
    05-19-08 11:57 AM
    Thank you so much everyone! You all helped me out TONS! Crackberry is the best!
    05-19-08 01:26 PM
    InvisibleShield FTW! I have the full body shield on my Curve. I plan on getting one for my PSP and my iPod too.
    Do you really like the InvisibleShield? Is it hard to put on? Someone also mentioned application glue? How does that work?
    TIA!
    05-19-08 01:28 PM
    I just ordered InvisibleShield... will give my .02 on how it works when I get it. Hope I don't get any bubbles :S
    05-19-08 02:06 PM
    I just ordered InvisibleShield... will give my .02 on how it works when I get it. Hope I don't get any bubbles :S
    Please do. I bought some cheapo depo ones from Wal-Mart. I figure that will hold me down until I decide what company to go with. Message me when you put it on. Thanks so much!
    05-19-08 02:14 PM
    Please do. I bought some cheapo depo ones from Wal-Mart. I figure that will hold me down until I decide what company to go with. Message me when you put it on. Thanks so much!
    Will do, won't be til June tho... ordered it to NY and not getting there til then (unless popz feels kind and mails em in)

Considering one of those seido rubber cases too, haven't decided yet.

...if you hear feedback from anyone b4 I get mine, feel free to share.
    05-19-08 02:19 PM
    Will do, won't be til June tho... ordered it to NY and not getting there til then (unless popz feels kind and mails em in)

Considering one of those seido rubber cases too, haven't decided yet.

...if you hear feedback from anyone b4 I get mine, feel free to share.
    Are you talking about getting a skin for your phone? Is that what you mean by a rubber case? If so, I have one and I love it. Thats why my bb stayed on top of the car so long was because of it. At the end of it all, it was the only thing not damaged.
    05-19-08 02:25 PM
    Which one do you have Yostef?
    05-19-08 02:35 PM
    Which one do you have Yostef?
    I just have a regular skin. I like it. Never had any probs with it. I left it on the roof of my friends car. We found the bb about a mile down the road so it hung on for awhile.
    05-19-08 02:39 PM
    I have heard that InvisiShield is the same as BSE. I use BSE and think they are AMAZiNG!!! Very very easy to apply, very inexpensive and excellent customer service. I can't imagine that InvisiShield is any better than BSE!

I have had BSE on all three of my Pearls, my iPod and my daughter has one on her iPod Touch and cell phone screen! I am going to order for my two sons' Nintendo DSs today!

You just can't go wrong with BSE!!!

05-19-08 02:44 PM
    those one of the rubber type ones eh? or one of the transparent type?
    05-19-08 02:45 PM
    I have heard that InvisiShield is the same as BSE. I use BSE and think they are AMAZiNG!!! Very very easy to apply, very inexpensive and excellent customer service. I can't imagine that InvisiShield is any better than BSE!

I have had BSE on all three of my Pearls, my iPod and my daughter has one on her iPod Touch and cell phone screen! I am going to order for my two sons' Nintendo DSs today!

You just can't go wrong with BSE!!!

Awesome. I'll definitely look into BSE. I guess I'm just afraid of putting on wrong or something.
    05-19-08 02:50 PM
    those one of the rubber type ones eh? or one of the transparent type?
    Its rubber. I got mine at tmobile for 10$.
    05-19-08 02:51 PM
    O ok, I heard those smell like cheap condoms LOL

I'd give it a try tho, a mile of protection is a pretty good assurance of quality
    05-19-08 02:55 PM
    BSE is a rubber-y transparent screen cover. It can be removed but not reused. You can purchase a cover for the battery door and back/bottom of the phone.

I use a Sedio rubberized hard case to protect the sides/back etc instead! Its the best combination, I think!!

05-19-08 02:58 PM
    Radici, What *exactly* does a cheap condom *smell* like? I, personally, wouldn't know... :-)

05-19-08 03:01 PM
    O ok, I heard those smell like cheap condoms LOL

I'd give it a try tho, a mile of protection is a pretty good assurance of quality
    LMAO-The rubber smell goes away after awhile...
    05-19-08 03:01 PM
    BSE is a rubber-y transparent screen cover. It can be removed but not reused. You can purchase a cover for the battery door and back/bottom of the phone.

I use a Sedio rubberized hard case to protect the sides/back etc instead! Its the best combination, I think!!

So does your bse only cover your screen? Thats what I'm really looking for. I have a skin, but I need something to protect the screen. Is your Seido rubberized case the one you can get here on crackberry? I was just looking at those, but they look so heavy. Are they? Sorry for all the questions. My last berry was in GREAT condition minus the one scratch in the corner of the screen. I just really want to protect the screen. I'm sure you totally understand.
    05-19-08 03:04 PM
    No problem with the questions!! My BSE just covers the screen and can be bought screen only or screen, battery and rear pieces (3 pieces) for a bit more $.

I love my rubberized Sedio case and don't think its bulky. There have been some complaints that it gets in the way, but I don't find that to be the case at all! I'm so used to it that my phone feels too small without it! (I have a Pearl by the way). You can see detailed pictures at Seidio Rubberized Case Problem SOLVED! Photo Gallery by Paige at pbase.com - please note that these pictures were initially taken because I had a problem with my case not fitting just right. Once Seidio saw the problem they replaced it immediately! I am quite happy with my case!
    Last edited by pashan; 05-19-08 at 03:19 PM.
    05-19-08 03:16 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD