I've searched here and the info I found doesn't seem to apply to my problem.

I'm upgraded to OS 4.5.0.175 about 2 weeks or so ago. everything was fine until yesterday. I noticed I had some messages and a call I didn't hear ring through. Checked the ringtones in the media app and nothing would play.

Searched here and found some info on a bug with .168 and .169 (I think) related to ringtones not playing, but not .175

A battery pull restores them, but by the next day they wouldn't play again.

Any help?
    11-24-09 03:38 PM
    Its also a bug with this one. The only solutions are to do daily battery pulls (or quick pull),down grade the OS, or run a hybrid OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 03:56 PM
    Thanks for the reply, I was hoping that wasn't the answer.

It sucks because I have it in an Otterbox and need to take all the crap off to get the battery out.
    11-24-09 04:02 PM
    Cause and correction to my loss of ringtones was related to a corrupted file on my media card.
    Oddly enough, both times I had this problem, the bad files were recently saved images from the internet.

I keep a recent download file for this purpose. If, for some reason, I begin seeing this problem, I go send the image to my archive, delete it from my handheld, and the problem has stopped.

A corrupt file on your card can cause a plethora of problems. Freezing, timer, sudden rebooting, etc.

11-24-09 04:14 PM
    Why not try a key pad reset.
    ALT KEY+RIGHT SHIFT KEY+DEL, and hold until phone goes off.
    will then reboot.
    11-24-09 04:16 PM
    Cause and correction to my loss of ringtones was related to a corrupted file on my media card.
    Oddly enough, both times I had this problem, the bad files were recently saved images from the internet.

I keep a recent download file for this purpose. If, for some reason, I begin seeing this problem, I go send the image to my archive, delete it from my handheld, and the problem has stopped.

A corrupt file on your card can cause a plethora of problems. Freezing, timer, sudden rebooting, etc.

Hadn't thought about that. I just put a bunch of music on my media card. Maybe that is where it is. Any way to isolate the possible corrupted file?
    11-24-09 05:29 PM
    Why not try a key pad reset.
    ALT KEY+RIGHT SHIFT KEY+DEL, and hold until phone goes off.
    will then reboot.
    I will definately try that next time I need a battery pull.

I'm still learning my 8330
    11-24-09 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD