Anyone know how to successfully transfer an itunes created ringtone onto a BB. I just got the 8330 and created several ringtones using itunes on my dell desktop. I transferred the files over using the BB desktop software, but when I try to open them I get a message saying "unable to display file..." They are showing up as m4r files. Also tried to download some ringtones from phonezoo, and am having the same problem with them. They are showing up as gcd files. Help!!!
    03-13-09 02:42 PM
    Ringtones need to be in MP3 format. You need to convert the files on your computer before you need them to your phone.

Or you need to just get some ringtones from other sites that are already in MP3 format.
    03-13-09 04:02 PM
    Ringtones are exceptionally easy for the most part on a blackberry, just has to be .mp3!!
    03-13-09 07:01 PM
    ok, so my next stupid question is...how do you convert an m4r file to mp3?
    03-14-09 02:32 AM
    i cant even get the option to change my text or sms ringtone to com up on my new blackberry curve 8330. im so confused on how i even get that option to come up. please help
    03-14-09 04:14 AM
    To change the ringtone go to Profiles>Advanced select the profile you're using and edit from there
    03-14-09 04:16 AM
    thank you that helped. i got it now!
    Last edited by kurtiscd; 03-14-09 at 04:58 AM.
    03-14-09 04:25 AM
    ok, so my next stupid question is...how do you convert an m4r file to mp3?
    You will need to install some software on your computer to do it. Just Google it.

Or just go to a free ringtone site (there are lots of theme) and download ones that are already in MP3 format.
    03-14-09 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD