When I make ringtones to use on my curve I usually output them as a .wav and when I get a call it will only play around 5 seconds of the tone, then repeat back to the beginning....is there a way to make it play the whole thing without looping..or is this just how it works.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-07 09:52 AM
    I noticed that my MP3 ringtones (full-length songs on media card) repeat after about 15 seconds or so. How long is your .wav? Don't they get rather large?

I'm interested in an answer to this question, myself.
    07-30-07 10:14 AM
    .mp3 would be better, plus it's better quality. Whatever the duration of the 'song / tone' it should play for then start over. I've not tested it with a .wav file, so I can't comment on that...
    07-30-07 10:15 AM
    all the files are a lot longer than what plays, i only get 5 sec. then loops back to the beginning. I'll try an mp3 and post the results
    07-30-07 11:05 AM
    mmk its the fact that its a .wav file that it only plays a piece of it, when i make a .mp3 a ringtone it plays it all till voicemail picks up. I only made the ringtones into a .wav before i got a media card to save space, but now i know.
    07-30-07 06:33 PM
    Easiest way is to find a song you like and do on avg of 30 to 32 secs, that way it plays the whole thing and won't loop till it goes to VM.
    07-30-07 07:30 PM
    I only use mp3 ringtones. Why use .wav? Yes mp3 is lossy but on a phone you won't fill the difference, it's for sure.
    I'd recommend this online ringtone maker: makeownringtone.com
    08-03-07 02:50 PM
    i use audacity, its a great program for editing audio files, i used waves before i got my memory card, i didnt have the space for MP3's! its all good now though mp3's play the whole song without looping
    08-03-07 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD