(Edit: It's a H700)

Hey everyone,

I have a new Sprint Curve (nice phone, and the best out of the 12 years that I've had a phone!) and paired my Mot HS850 over Bluetooth to it. Voice calling works great, however, I get a 'beep beep' when the phone rings. Is this just because my HS850 doesn't support the ringtone over Bluetooth, or does the Curve not support ringtones over Bluetooth? My old Nokia 6230 (Cingular days) rang the ringtone over the H700. The Curve says the H700 supports "Hands-Free Unit" and "Headset".

Thoughts?

Thanks!
    Last edited by acadiel; 06-24-08 at 06:54 PM.
    06-24-08 06:32 PM
    Interesting question. I don't know the answer. I have a similar problem. When I have my headset jabra BT350 paired with my 8330 it goes into vibration only so I don't hear the ringer even from the handset but the handset on previous phone still rang when paired with the headset.
    06-24-08 11:07 PM
    I'm currently using a Jawbone 2 and when it rings, the Jawbone rings it's own ring in my ear (like beeps with other headsets) and my phone rings the usual ringer for the caller. I have always wanted the custom ringers to ring in my ear so I could set the phone to quiet and still know who's calling without looking at the phone. Didn't even know this feature was available on phones. I don't know if the berry supports this feature or if both the berry and headset need to support it. Anyone know?

Semper Fi,

~Marine39

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-08 02:11 AM
    How about going about it this way...

Hey, you - yes, you - the person reading this right now. If you happen to have a Bluetooth earpiece (either mono or stereo) and you can hear your customized ringtone over the earpiece, please post here.

:-)

I know that the 8330 has A2DP and all the profiles on it, so why an old Nokia 6230 (GSM, VGA camera, at least 3 years old) can send ringtones to my H700, but my Curve can't.... kind of boggles the mind, doesn't it?
    06-25-08 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD