Ok, so I've had my first BB for less than a week and I'm trying to make up for lost time. I downloaded a couple of ringtones off of Crackberry and none will work for me. They wont even play when i pause over them while selecting the ringtone in my profiles. Any help here is greatly appreciated. I have some other things I am trying to figure out, but a few more searches of this great site will likely clear things up.
    03-15-09 08:04 PM
    What do you mean "when you pause over" the ringtones?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 08:09 PM
    What do you mean "when you pause over" the ringtones?

When I scroll over the ringtones while selecting one in the profiles it will begin to play, sort of as a preview before selecting. The ones I downloaded wont even do that.
    03-15-09 08:13 PM
    How about if the click on it?

03-15-09 08:21 PM
    Ok, I found out a little more. I clicked on the "browse" above the ringtone list. I went to the list of the 3 ringtones I downloaded off of crackberry and next to each one was labeled 0kb for the file size. And went I clicked options and then play I got an error playing message. "The media being played is of an unsupported format." Does this help any? It said it was an mp3 file when I downloaded it.
    03-15-09 08:24 PM
    If you have a media card, download the ringtone files to your computer. Enable Mass Storage Mode and copy the ringtone file to /Blackberry/Ringtone folder.

03-15-09 08:28 PM
    Yeah, people have been reporting this kind of issue with ringtones directly downloaded. It seems to be better to download them to a computer and then copy them over.
    03-15-09 09:11 PM
    im so glad i dont have that prob, try using a different browser to download them. Does your download manager give you any error messages?
    03-15-09 11:54 PM
    I'm having the same issue. I just upgraded to 4.5 and now none of my third party ringtones work. Please help
    03-16-09 04:27 PM
    I moved my MP3 ringtones from my HTC Mogul to my Curve through the comp using the mass storage device. Just cut and paste them into the blackberry -> ringtone folder and everything worked great. Hope that helps!!!
    03-16-09 05:57 PM
    I just got my Blackberry Storm 9530 yesterday and when I tried to preview ringtones or ringbacks through VZW (Verizon Wireless) Tones before I downloaded them, they played but no sound came out? Has anyone else has this issue? If so, how can it be fixed?
    03-17-09 12:59 PM
    I moved my MP3 ringtones from my HTC Mogul to my Curve through the comp using the mass storage device. Just cut and paste them into the blackberry -> ringtone folder and everything worked great. Hope that helps!!!

This might be a stupid question as I am really new with BB but is the mass storage device the memory card that I put in my phone?
    03-17-09 01:42 PM
    This might be a stupid question as I am really new with BB but is the mass storage device the memory card that I put in my phone?
    Yes it is, but you have to enable Mass Storage Mode by going to Options > Media Card and set Enable Mass Storage Mode to Yes and to Prompt when connected. Then when you connect your BB to the computer with a USB cable, you will get a prompt asking if you want to enable Mass Storage Mode.
    Click on Yes, and your BB will show as a drive on your computer.
    03-17-09 01:56 PM
    Yes it is, but you have to enable Mass Storage Mode by going to Options > Media Card and set Enable Mass Storage Mode to Yes and to Prompt when connected. Then when you connect your BB to the computer with a USB cable, you will get a prompt asking if you want to enable Mass Storage Mode.
    Click on Yes, and your BB will show as a drive on your computer.
    Thanks for the reply. I will try this and see how it works!
    03-17-09 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD